Useless Bitching about Ads

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Depend has no "s" on the ned, just like Cracker Jack has no "s" on the end.

If it is hard to remember, just use "Poise" or "Tena"

Close, but no banana - need to be exact. Bonus points for

Depends
Laxatives
Anything related to below the waist hygiene

I don't mind the banner up top which only advertises rocketry stuff but TRF has sold out. Already way too many commercials on TV so why do we have to put up with this crap here? I agree with the OP, it just slows everything down and NOBODY IS INTERESTED.

Depend has no "s" on the ned, just like Cracker Jack has no "s" on the end.

If it is hard to remember, just use "Poise" or "Tena"

Don't get me started. My wife constantly refers to "Legos." Uh-uhn. It's one LEGO. Two LEGO (bricks, pieces, whatever). There's no "plural" of LEGO. Don't people respect brands anymore?

EDIT: Now I've got LEGO ads top and bottom.

Even the grammar police make mistakes. Miss a key or your fingers get crossed. Thanks for reminding us we are all human. :wink:

I have no idea what you people are talking about.

Screenshot from 2014-03-25 22:02:12.jpg

(pssst...it isn't 'shopped either)

-Dave

I use explorer 11 now, but even with 8 thru 11 haven't seen all these ads you all talk about.

Try this: Go to Internet tools, click the Privacy tab, click advanced, then choose automatic cookie override box. Now choose "BLOCK" third party cookies. You can block or choose prompt for the first column, but some sites get upset if you block everything so choose the "Allow Session Cookies" box.

Then once a week use disk clean-up to get rid of all memory hogging items. I use CCLeaner, free download from filehippo.com.

Mike

ALL YOUR AD ARE BELONG TO US

LOL!

Well played, sir!

71a.jpg

If only 2 percent click, the forum makes decent money. Don't click.

I finally installed adblock plus last night. TRF actually had little to do with it. IT was all the ads on the news websites like CNN and others, as well as the weather page, that made me put a stop to it.

What I see as funny is these Ads are tracking you and targeting Ads towards you, I get Quad copters and tools company's.
What if you're wife or kids use that computer, so now you would get Bra, toy, and strange stuff, hahahahahahaha :rofl:

Last edited:
Back