ZTE Alphabet race

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wclune

Reaction score
Although we all love to see the big rockets fly, there are a number of people that invest a lot of time and money in the smaller low power rockets and /or are not level certified, including kids. Most every launch has drag races, odd roc, altitude, etc. contests for the high power boys and girls, but the low power people are often overlooked.

Rules (how do we keep coming across these wretched things)

• - Simple, a single flyer is required to fly a series of motors in alphabetical order A- G. TRA rules apply, including inspection and launch rod angle.
  • – The flyer must successfully launch the rocket, retrieve it, and bring it back to the alphabet registration table with the spent motor still inside and get their card stamped. The first one to successfully fly A – G wins.
  • – No more than 1 flight can be finless / tumble recovery, i.e. Stealth, Spool, or Pyramid.
  • – The same flyer must bring his or her rocket back every time
  • – The contest starts after the flyers meeting on Saturday morning and finishes?
  • – No more than 1 type of motor allowed per flight
  • – We will need a minimum of 6 preregistered flyers to participate. There is no maximum number of participants.

Al, you can sign up right on the website under competitions, you'll be number four for signing up!

Is it too late to sign up? I was doing inventory and it looks like I could do it- It would be a lot of fun.

Our club has done this. An additional rule: upon a failed flight, you must start back at A.
Then this got too easy, so they went 1 A flight, 2 B flights, 3 C flights, etc. Upon a tie, total altitude or total impulse could be the breaker.
-Ken

Question - can you set up multiple rockets at the same time? So pad 1 has the A rocket, pad 2 has the B rocket, pad 3 has the C rocket?
Or only one at a time?

it is ONE at TIME and that includes the ENTIRE process including Safety Check!!

We are not going to make anyone restart after a failed or lost rocket, the sponsor ZTE thought that was a bid mean spirited.

It is tripoli rules so is my Ex G motor Ok? It is about 50 grams, a 100 ns 24mm G. If not I will pick something up on Friday.

Thanks for the replies!

So the Clune Protocol "cheating is not only allowed, it is encouraged" does not apply here? I was gonna toss all 5 up on the first rack.

Clearly not my event!! I hate even typing that word............

Back