Super Alpha

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tfish

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I've always liked the Estes Alpha. I picked up a few Estes kits at the December Estes sale. A few of them were the Super Alpha. A while back I was able to pick up a couple dozen AT reloads for the 29/40-120 case. It seemed a natural to put the two of these together.

IMG_0068.jpg

I did a few modifications .097 G10 fins, 3 wraps of 3oz glass and a 29mm motor mount. I did stuff a few more things inside.

superalpha.jpg

As I was finishing up this project I had received some of the 4 foot 15mm rails from Misumi...so I made some mini rail buttons.

Now it's a 'Super Alpha'!

I won't have a flight report till the end of May.

Tony

Very cool! I would never guess you had all that stuffed into that. Heck of a sleeper for drag races!

I've always liked the Estes Alpha. I picked up a few Estes kits at the December Estes sale. A few of them were the Super Alpha. A while back I was able to pick up a couple dozen AT reloads for the 29/40-120 case. It seemed a natural to put the two of these together.

IMG_0068.jpg

I did a few modifications .097 G10 fins, 3 wraps of 3oz glass and a 29mm motor mount. I did stuff a few more things inside.

superalpha.jpg

As I was finishing up this project I had received some of the 4 foot 15mm rails from Misumi...so I made some mini rail buttons.

Now it's a 'Super Alpha'!

I won't have a flight report till the end of May.

Tony

I am disappointed. JUST a 40-120 case? Sheesh... Some people... They never take any risks... :rofl:

if you have never seen a super alpha on a 'mere' D15-7...you wouldn't understand, remember the object is to get it back :).
Rex

14 years ago my youngest son built a modified Estes Fat Boy...a "sleeper". It flies on 38mm I motors. It's latest flight (9th flight) was last year. He's now 27 years old. He has a 67 Mustang that is a "real" sleeper!

Tony

14 years ago my youngest son built a modified Estes Fat Boy...a "sleeper". It flies on 38mm I motors. It's latest flight (9th flight) was last year. He's now 27 years old. He has a 67 Mustang that is a "real" sleeper!

Tony
Has it been that long ago. 14years I remember that the first flight was on the I-435. And woody did his big daddy on the k-motor. Looks like a real fun rocket tony. That thing is going to disappear real quick on the G-138. How did you do the second breaking point? Is the motor tube going to spit out the bottom of the tube? The second one you build needs to be a 38mm. I'm not quite sure but I think the coupler tubes on the Estes BT-60 will fit 38mm motors. I don't fly that size of motor so I can't tell you for sure. But for sure you did a beautiful job on this one.

Nice build. I like it my kind of rocket. The Super "sleeper" Alpha. You do build some nice rockets.

Back