OLD Rocket plans, fin guides,instructions,ect from 1961 on up. Worth anything?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Winston,

I have had to opportunity to speak with our club President and he is also onboard as well as myself so we have 2 officers for it. I have already emailed the other powers that be with a rundown on what we are trying to do, so at our next launch, we will be able to discuss it further.

Steve

Any movement on this? Just curious as this is significant and it would be a shame to let this trove get away.

Any movement on this? Just curious as this is significant and it would be a shame to let this trove get away.

Yes!!

To update all, my club was all in favor of a plan Troj presented and we look forward to putting it in place so the sport with benefit for years to come.

Thank you all for your interest and imput and I am sure there will be future post's regarding this.

Steve

Okay! We're moving ahead with this...though none of it is going to happen overnight. Please, be patient with us.

I need to get a bit more info from Steve, and some pictures. I'm then going to setup an Indiegogo campaign to raise the funds to acquire everything. I will then pay for Steve to ship it to me, where it will all get cataloged and I'll coordinate the scanning efforts. Once that's done, I'll box the originals up and ship them to NAR (NAR will the owner of this treasure trove).

The scanned documents will be organized and placed on a public (free) website, available to the rocketry community.

It's not going to happen overnight; there is still some coordination work to be done.

We'll keep you posted.

-Kevin

Okay! We're moving ahead with this...though none of it is going to happen overnight. Please, be patient with us.-Kevin
Most excellent.

For those who want to support model rocketry, it's history and it's perpetuation: This is something to get behind.

Thanks Steve (and club) and Kevin, for making this happen. Really good news.

That the NAR will ultimately be the treasure's keeper is a bonus.

Progress!

Steve is back from his travels, and has taken some pictures for me to use in setting up the campaign. I have some other committments to take care of, first, but will get started on this in a week or so. Expect to see the campaign kick off towards the end of June.

-Kevin

Progress!

Steve is back from his travels, and has taken some pictures for me to use in setting up the campaign. I have some other committments to take care of, first, but will get started on this in a week or so. Expect to see the campaign kick off towards the end of June.

-Kevin
I know I pledged my support when this first came out. Still stand behind that. Mite even have a sale and donate some to this project. I feel it's important for our history.

Does anyone know if the fin templates from the designer special, and the futuristic parts assortment have been scanned and are on a website somewhere?

Bad news eveyone

It appears the effort to get this done has fallen through.

Our next club launch is next week and I am looking for other options. The original plan was for a kickstarter campaign for $2500 with the documents being scanned and donated to NAR.

If you have any options other than my putting this up on Ebay to be hidden in someones private collection please let me know. Our club needs several items is why we came up with $2500. It is probably worth much much more. I have a few hundred pictures if anyone is interested. There are many thousands of pages. I estimate 10K+

Steve

I don't know how to open a kickstarter?
It still does not get it all scanned into the public domain unless NAR would do that?

I have a email with 145 pictures that I can't even figure out how to load here.

Steve

I PMed Troj a year ago when he asked for contributions and never got a response. I don't see a link anywhere in this thread to a crowd-funding site, so I'm not sure how anyone was supposed to contribute in the first place.

Someone was building a website to aid in the kickstarter and was going to start it I guess.

Steve

I have thought about developing a website based on Joomla to post old rocket designs and instructions. We have rocket reviews. Anyone see a use in doing this? Anyone want to help if I kick it off?

I have thought about developing a website based on Joomla to post old rocket designs and instructions. We have rocket reviews. Anyone see a use in doing this?

Chuck,

There are already two incredible sites with an immense collection of old rocket plans online available free to all, Ye Olde Rocket Plans and JimZ . Between the two sites there are plans available from over 40 old rocket companies, including virtually everything of interest from Estes and Centuri. Most of these plans also include fin outlines and decal scans. Honestly, I can't see the need for another old plans site.

As for the collection of binders in this thread, is there anything in them that isn't already available online?

Steve

I would use my equipment at work to scan. It will duplex scan and only take less than 1sec to do each page and it will send it as a PDF when complete.

I would be happy to assist either monetarily or time/scanning wise if this is still an option?

If it is already done would love to know the where the end result could be found?

Just wondering what happened here. Did anyone set up a fundraiser? Were the plans scanned? Is there a website where we can find them?

Just wondering what happened here. Did anyone set up a fundraiser? Were the plans scanned? Is there a website where we can find them?
Hi,
Actually our club sold the lot to a guy in NJ as he was the high bidder. I actually was outbid myself.
Fast forward, he died and his widow sold it to me.
Amazing lot.
Well my health is failing and I am thinking of selling them
Steve

OK, folks, lets get the fund raising going. Money's a little tight, but I'm in for $20.

Also, I find myself channeling Indiana Jones: "That belongs in a museum!" Scanning them and putting them up on the web is the first thing, and then the hardcopies should be in a museum. The MoF if they'll have it, or, well, I don't know where, but somewhere.

Last edited:
Bumpity bump. Does anyone know if there was any more movement on this?

Back