• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

54mm x 5ft FG Airframe - Hawk Mountain

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Landru

Additive Aerospace
TRF Sponsor
Reaction score
54mm x 5ft Hawk Mountain spiral would fiberglass airframe.

Price reduced to $75

Bought in 2008 for a project but never used.

Buyer pays shipping.

I will be going to MDRA for Red Glare if you want to pick up there.

IMG_20140319_215308303.jpg

Last edited:
Price reduced to $85

I've been watching this, not because I need it, but to see if anybody had priced the tubing elsewhere. Landru, if you search the Rocketry Warehouse website, you will find that they are selling 54mm G12 fiberglass 60" at $75.50. People here are going to expect the price to be much lower before they get interested.

I've been watching this, not because I need it, but to see if anybody had priced the tubing elsewhere. Landru, if you search the Rocketry Warehouse website, you will find that they are selling 54mm G12 fiberglass 60" at $75.50. People here are going to expect the price to be much lower before they get interested.

Actually retail on this is over $100. This is Hawk Mountain tubing--thinner, lighter and many feel superior to the heavy G10/12 sold by others.

Actually retail on this is over $100. This is Hawk Mountain tubing--thinner, lighter and many feel superior to the heavy G10/12 sold by others.

Yup, it's $117 on the Hawk Mountain site.

Last edited:

+1
My L-3 was Hawk tubing.... far superior. Still flying strong after 10yrs, 3 N's 16 M's countless L's.
Thin spiral threads not thick bundles of tow You get what you pay for!

I knew it! Dang!

I posted earlier, in ignorance, about the price even though I wasn't needing it. I do have a 54mm rocket using Hawk Mountain fiberglass that I built 14 years ago and destroyed the upper section and nosecone at my last launch. I replaced the upper section with fiberglass from Rocketry Warehouse, but when Landru just lowered the price again, I found my palms sweating and I almost sent a PM too. I really have to control myself.

Back