Personnal Launch Report - 2014 March TCC High Power Launch

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robbdm

Rocketry Tourist
Reaction score
Great weather, flat dry field, light wind... made for an excellent flying day on Maddox Dairy land (near Fresno, CA) for TCC's March Launch.

IMGP5975.jpg

IMGP5964.jpg

CIMG0706.jpg

Video my flights today.

[YOUTUBE]tFloE4LpVT0[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:
Super VIDEO!!!! I love the way you don't do the "Lets follow the tiny little dot, hunt focus, hunt focus, tiny dot, hunt focus, hunt focus, cut to landing" videos. They are really the worst!

You and your sparkies!!! Is that all you fly? LoL!!! You MADE me buy two K456s and a K540. The first K456 is for the Sublime. Hey what does the XP weigh? What chute are you using in it? What were your stratologger altitudes for the flights? I heard the 'estimates'.

Great report! :clap: Thanks!
What a cool site. Fresno is a tad far for a day... but for a day like that, with no waiting!??

Last edited:
David is a big fan of sparky and smoky motors.

He suggested smokies to me as they will make my motor deploy flights easier to track. Last weekend at the Snow Ranch launch, I picked up an I212SS. The reload "assembly" process with CTI is quite a bit more day-on-the-range-reloading friendly.

He suggested smokies to me as they will make my motor deploy flights easier to track. Last weekend at the Snow Ranch launch, I picked up an I212SS. The reload "assembly" process with CTI is quite a bit more day-on-the-range-reloading friendly.

Yep... just don't forgot its not NO ASSEMBLY. Its 'a little'. Drill the delay! :)

Also per CTIs suggestion, I spray a little silicone lube in the case and run a paper towel through it. I don't want it wet with lube, just a shimer. And I don't wnat lube on the ejection cap!

Super VIDEO!!!! I love the way you don't do the "Lets follow the tiny little dot, hunt focus, hunt focus, tiny dot, hunt focus, hunt focus, cut to landing" videos. They are really the worst!

You and your sparkies!!! Is that all you fly? LoL!!! You MADE me buy two K456s and a K540. The first K456 is for the Sublime. Hey what does the XP weigh? What chute are you using in it? What were your stratologger altitudes for the flights? I heard the 'estimates'.

Great report! :clap: Thanks!
What a cool site. Fresno is a tad far for a day... but for a day like that, with no waiting!??

Do they sell any other type of motor?

The XP is heavy...~19 lbs.. I use a Recon 36" drouge/60" Recon main... I've also used 84" topflight. Stratologger are set for 700" main. For the XP I've started with the big K's K878, K700, and going down... the K540 is probably where I'll stop. Need to try an L900DM in her.

The Sublime needs a lot push off.... I've used K456DMs and they work.. but I think those big fins want more... at LUNAR in April... will pop in a K540M and see what happens, see if flight is better.

Why don't you come for the the three day "Dairy Aire" in May... see TCC website for details.... free camping on the best dirt in the Central Valley.

Last edited:

Smokies are a poor man's tracker... a dark finger pointing in the direction of flght..... I have GPSes now... so I go for the applause with Dark Matters now....

Back