Anybody Archiving Semroc's Plans? .rkt files?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

K'Tesh

.....OpenRocket's ..... "Chuck Norris"
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I know it's getting kinda late, but is anybody archiving Semroc's .rkt files and plans?

I've now archived all the instructions and .rkt files I could find on the site as of last night, plus a few that were removed already (Omega, Cherokee D, Trident, USS America). Still that leaves a lot of them vulnerable to being lost.

I think that is a very good idea . A lot of the oop kits don't have a file . So many are lost .

I have a BIG file of plans and I do mean BIG maybe 99% of all kits. no rkt. flies

instruction sheets/ booklets you know the one that come with the kits!

I'd recommend if you can, get the .rkt files. With that you can get a better idea of how to clone them (presuming that someone doesn't come and buy them out and restart production).

I'd note that I found an error with the Omega's .rkt file. The booster's fin was given as .093" thick (or something like that) rather than the .125" thick dimension, and it lacked the TTW tabs.

Last edited:
I wish that I could archive the whole site... Preserving all of the info on it for future use. I've gone ahead and archived the balsa parts and the body tubes. This will be important for cloning classic kits.

I have a lot of the archived already. I also archived rocketry planet.

Still that leaves a lot of them vulnerable to being lost.
They are still on the site even if you can't link to them from within the site. Use a search engine to find the link. All the pdf and rkt files are still there.

BTW, thank-you K'Tesh and johnnwaa for drawing my attention to this.

They are still on the site even if you can't link to them from within the site. Use a search engine to find the link. All the pdf and rkt files are still there.

BTW, thank-you K'Tesh and johnnwaa for drawing my attention to this.

Problem is... I don't know what all to search for, and I don't have (at this exact moment) a lot of time to look (I've got to finish my portfolio for my TESOL Methods class by Tuesday).

I will post them if Semroc agrees they can be posted to a site.

I have a lot of the archived already. I also archived rocketry planet.

What of RP do you have archived?

I have the RP FTP site plus all the motor files etc on my site www.rocketryfiles.com
There is a bunch more stuff too.

I would be willing to host the sermon stuff as well. Send me a pm to discuss.

Mark Koelsch
Sent from my iPhone using Rocketry Forum

I have the RP FTP site plus all the motor files etc on my site www.rocketryfiles.com

Mark Koelsch

I will check RP and see what I have. I may have everything that would download. I have all the rocksim files from semroc.

K'Tesh -

Did you get my PM about how to download and archive a web site? If you have the drive space, it's just a matter of time (and bandwidth).

I will post them if Semroc agrees they can be posted to a site.

Mark Koelsch

Hey Mark and Chuck, these is a guy on Austalian Rocketry forum who was after an article on Rocketry Planet, can you help?

https://www.ausrocketry.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=53087#p53087

Does anyone know of another source where I can download the article posted in the thread of the Carbon Fiber workshop?

This is the link thats not valid no more due to Rocketry Planet's shut down.

https://www.rocketryplanet.com/content/view/3049/38/

I will most appreciate your help.

I see reference to a carbon fiber article. Are you referring to the Jim Jarvis articles when he was building the Two Carb Yen? If so, I have them on www.rocketryfiles.com in PDF if memory serves.

Mark Koelsch

The instructions part numbers. Such as body tubes, if you to the first body tube file and open it, it will give you all the dimensions.
Same with all other parts.
Currently cateloging manuals & rocksims.
Have all body tubes printed, will work on everything else little by little.
But be careful not to distribute anything publically.
It is still illegial to copy or reproduce any of their documents.

Back