Level 3 scratch built

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't use Open Rocket so I can't see it :p I've been useing vcp from the 1.5 release and still use 1.64 even though Gary hasn't updated it in ages. A stone age program for a stone age man ;)

Have you found your TAP advisors? They should be able to help you out with any problems.

Cyborg,

It sounds like you are motivated to cert level 3. I definitely agree with Dave Carver that you need to connect with TAP people for advice. They will walk you through the process. Good luck and enjoy the journey.

Quick 2 things I would comment on, I only looked briefly.

It is a nice design and inherently a good one. First , I see the fin can is 36 in. long, you will generally find glass tubing comes in 48in and above sizes. Might want to consider a longer fin can using a full [48] tube. Actually many 4in. rockets today use 50-52 in tubes. There are many M-motors over 40in long. Since you are going to all this trouble to build your rocket, why limit what you can fly it on.

You may have ulterior motives , that I don't know.
Also show the fins at edge of airframe. I would move them 3/4 to 1in from rear edge, so you have some integrity left in the tube for rear centering ring.

I'll look at it later when I have more time, I would certainly comment you have a very detailed file here. As a TAP I find it thorough & well done.

Here's the file for all to see:

Screen Shot 2014-09-11 at 3.26.08 PM.jpg

Back