Cambridge Group -- IA-X95 Integrating Accelerometer documentation

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone remember this thing?

Yep, I even flew this only a year ago or so. Fires at apogee and then you have to set time to deploy main.
I did some calculations for about 50 seconds on my 4" rocket and it seems it deployed about a 1000'.
It also records accelerometer data but I can only make the software to work on a 90's PC with Windows98.
Also still have my IA-X96 with the barometric unit, used it on my L3 in 98. These can also be used to stage or air start motors.

-John

Last edited:
They were a very serious unit for the era. If I had one, I would fly it. Why not.

I should see if I have the software- be curious if you could run a virtual and get the interface to work.

I had one but sold it. The wiring harness was an IDE cable and like splitting hairs to wire them up.
It only recorded up to apogee or 32 sec whatever came first.

JD

I actually have an IA-X96 as well. Down in a box in my basement, unsure what to do with it!

That depends on what else you have to fly and if you feel like messing with something that old.

If you are looking to get rid of it let me know.

Sorry guys, old thread, but I came across one of these things in a donation lot to our club. Also has a "Camb61094" which appears to be some sort of RJ-11 to DB25 interface... Yeah, in reading above, this thing is old... Intriguing for use for airstarts tho...

Also got a Transolve BUT-1
Found docs on that. Backup timer...

FYI:
Programming it, was done under MS-DOS with color!

Sorry guys, old thread, but I came across one of these things in a donation lot to our club. Also has a "Camb61094" which appears to be some sort of RJ-11 to DB25 interface... Yeah, in reading above, this thing is old... Intriguing for use for airstarts tho...

Also got a Transolve BUT-1
Found docs on that. Backup timer...

Back