Pro38 rear closures?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I remove the nozzle and push the liner/grains/forward closure into place using a spacer.[after wiping the bottom inside of case with grease].
Then the nozzle screws easily into case, not having to push anything in front of it.
No more worries about cross threading.

I have also done a 'remove the nozzle' approach - I didn't think of using the spacer to push (I had a wooden ruler that fit just about right!). Great idea, and I will try that next time I run into a stubborn reload.

It's unique to CTI 38mm, and really ought to change, because it enables people to retain the reloads without having a case. That leads to setting their rockets on fire...
I've seen two pads fires caused by that. The excitement and whatnot of certing can get the best of newbies. Be a friend and double check. I thot the first was a ridiculous fluke. And then the second one happened. Poor chap had to stand behind the safety line and watch his creation burn to a crisp.

Back