6 inch V-2

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WILDMANRS

TRF Sponsor
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
V2_6.jpg
Wildman Hobbies is in the final stages of releasing a 6" Fiberglass V-2 rocket.
I feel this will be more realistic and to scale than most things on the market.
It will also have a 75mm motor mount along with the new Head End Deployment.
The new kits will have filament wound tail cones and aluminum tipped cones.
3/16 g10 fins.
We have the proto type on the bench and are working out the final details on the production of this rocket.
We should have a limited # available for sale late next week .

Attachments

• V2_6_4to1 (2).pdf
    150.7 KB · Views: 534
Last edited:
My favourite looking rocket! Great stuff. Can't wait to see some people build this thing!!

Sadly it will have to stay on my financial dream list for a few years...

edit: PLEASE put an aluminium warhead tip on it :drool:

ok,

I amy substitute this for the Proline I have been waiting on.

Wow

At the first glance of that thread title, I thought: Hey, a six-inch-tall V2 should fly great on MMX motors....

OTOH, this does indeed look like a fun scale rocket, even if it's a bit beyond my motor inventory

OK.... 6" Wildman or 5.5" Madcow????????? :confused2:

Maybe one of each...... :surprised:

I have the 5.5 with 38mm hole I fly on 3 grn and 5 grn ex which I really like but will have to get one of these. Sounds really nice 75mm should move out.

that so needs a 75mm MMT to 3.90" Airframe tail cone... I had to modify one I bought from mad cow!

Ya you got me... Just love a different look I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Rocketry Forum

Let me know when available and cost I will probably get one, also make an 8" diameter with filament wound nose cone and tail cone with G10 fins and I'm in for one of them as well.

Hey put canards on it and you can call it a Wasserfall.

Last edited:
I am interested in this. Can't wait to see more about it.

Can't wait for the 3 fin version to be released!!!! hehehehehehehe:facepalm:

Mike Smeltzer
Member Friday Night Rocketeers

Ok
I love it.
Any ballpark idea on the price.
Chris

We were lucky to be able to see it at our launch today. You can tell it is a very high quality kit. Here is a pic
of the parts set together for a photo.

V2-1.jpg

David Reese
As you being designer of the WM V-2 where is the CP on the V2. Just wondering how much nose weight will be needed. I built the MC V2 and added 1.5lbs to the nose.

This is really not your grandfather's V2. David has created a beauty here--kinda like the difference between a stock Mustang and a Shelby Fastback.

ImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1395623700.445074.jpg

What is the cost ? Don't see it on the website yet.

What is the cost ? Don't see it on the website yet.

...because the web weenie (me) doesn't have any information about it.

Sounds like it's in the final bits of development, which means I'll be getting a phone call from Tim soon, to add it.

-Kevin

And it's going to be at thunder struck I think . She is not going to like this

Sorry for the delay folks.
We had to work out some details with the production end of this rocket, not your typical 3 fins and a nose cone.
Some of the original dimensions have changed a little the rocket is 4 inches taller than the PDF drawing.
Here is what is in the new 6" kit.

Aluminum tipped filament wound fiberglass nose cone
Filament wound fiberglass slotted tail cone
3/16 thick g10 fiberglass beveled fins
11" of fiberglass airframe
1"-1.5" vent band
75mm fiberglass motor mount.
Dual deployment
Aluminum av-bay ends.
1/2" Baltic birch plywood centering rings
I will post some pictures and more details tomorrow.

Retail on this kits is $449.99
Introductory price is $375.00
We only have 10 available on this first run.

David Reese
As you being designer of the WM V-2 where is the CP on the V2. Just wondering how much nose weight will be needed. I built the MC V2 and added 1.5lbs to the nose.
Hey Gary

The V2 is a tricky beast to get the CP dialed in right... short rockets tend to benefit from base drag a lot, but the boattail kinda kills that here. Tim's instinct is probably pretty close; Rocksim, with its body lift calculations, puts the CP at basically the top of the fins (36.5" from the nose tip) while Barrowman is far more conservative, putting the CP 28.5" from the nose tip. I'd probably add a pound or two to the nose tip just to be sure.

This is really not your grandfather's V2. David has created a beauty here--kinda like the difference between a stock Mustang and a Shelby Fastback.
Thanks Tim! Glad you like it :) As usual, this was definitely a bit of a compromise between scale, performance, and available component parts... I think this particular end result blends all three quite well. I can't wait to see someone fly this beast with an L2375.

So, what's the best way to order one?

JD

Sorry for the delay folks.
We had to work out some details with the production end of this rocket, not your typical 3 fins and a nose cone.
Some of the original dimensions have changed a little the rocket is 4 inches taller than the PDF drawing.
Here is what is in the new 6" kit.

Aluminum tipped filament wound fiberglass nose cone
Filament wound fiberglass slotted tail cone
3/16 thick g10 fiberglass beveled fins
11" of fiberglass airframe
1"-1.5" vent band
75mm fiberglass motor mount.
Dual deployment
Aluminum av-bay ends.
1/2" Baltic birch plywood centering rings
I will post some pictures and more details tomorrow.

Retail on this kits is $449.99
Introductory price is $375.00
We only have 10 available on this first run.

Back