6 inch V-2

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know the WM V2 is a little different beast than the Mad Cow V2 for one thing its 5.5" MC is saying 32" for the tip of the nose cone for the CP. So I think your very close with the WM V2 Beast.

Got my fix for the April from WM today. Its the new V2. I have been after Tim to do a semi-scale kit for sometime now. Very well done Tim.

Got mine today!!

I wonder if there is a Yellow and black colour scheme I can paint it???? Hmmmm?

We sold out of the first round really quick .
I flew mine to 6800 at Thunder Struck on an L 910 beautiful flight and recovery.
We are now taking orders for the next batch.

Red Glare flight on a Pro75 5G L1410SK :D
[youtube]PgG1vS8zO5s[/youtube]
I know AndyC got a KILLER liftoff shot of it too that showed up on Facebook. I hope he posts it here... if not, I might!

We sold out of the first round really quick .
I flew mine to 6800 at Thunder Struck on an L 910 beautiful flight and recovery.
We are now taking orders for the next batch.

Is the second batch still being offered at the $375 intro price?

As per Wildman "yes it is".

I'm building another one right now.

I was afraid the answer would be no.....and also afraid the answer would be yes. *Sigh* sign me up lol. Sorry wallet you lose again. I'll call on Monday to place the order....

Finishing up the build of mine. Will be flying it at the QCRS Memorial weekend launch. 5 grain green M or a 3 grain white. Weather will decide. This is an awesome kit!! Thanks, Wildman for another winner.

Well I finally flew my PAINTED V-2!

Did it like Davids drawing to honor his new title DR. David!

Actually the 3rd flight.First 2 unpainted.

Flight 1. CTI 75mm 2 grain L-910 C * 6, 128 ft

2nd CTI 75mm 5 grain L-1410 Skidmark 12, 810 ft!!!!!

3rd flight After popping off a couple large motors went the other way to see how it would do on a "small field " motor. flown today. [actually yesterday Sunday]
CTI 54 yep 54mm CTI 3 grain J-760 White Thunder good kick off the pad with 210 lbs initial thrust [ 170 average] flew arrow straight to 2258 ft.
Nice "see it all" flight. I think this would be as small as I'm willing to go and feel good about it.

NO ADDITIONAL NOSE WEIGHT ADDED FOR ANY FLIGHT!

Side 1 Side 2 Parts

DSCN3046.jpg

Screen Shot 2014-05-19 at 12.37.14 AM.png

DSCN3011.jpg

DSCN3042.jpg

Last edited:
CJ
Very nice looking rocket. Its hard to believe no nose weight that's cool. Who's the other guy in the pictures? The young looking one.

CJ, awesome job--beautiful V-2. Could you also show some pictures of your Head-End Deployment setup on that one? I'll be building my 4" Super Jart the same way soon.

Very nice job CJ. Guys I got to see the rocket at Bong when the paint was still wet. CJ when you flew it with the J-760 did you use the DD recovery? I would like to fly mine with main at Apogee with smaller motors if the launch site is big enough. I don't mind a walk once in a while.
See you in July
Gary

CJ, awesome job--beautiful V-2. Could you also show some pictures of your Head-End Deployment setup on that one? I'll be building my 4" Super Jart the same way soon.

Sure Mark.... here are some links to the V-2 build & the Jimbo Jart:

https://www.rocketryforum.com/showthread.php?64674-CJ-s-WildMan-6in-V-2-build

https://www.rocketryforum.com/showt...t-Jart-4-in-DD-in-NC-or-any-Jart-build!/page2

If there is something you don't see just PM me or call for explanation. I only used 1 threaded 1/4 rod on the JJart down the enter with coupler nuts and 1/4 eyebolts on each end. If you can find eye nuts it will make for a neater install. either way there is plenty of room inside for a sled with 2 alts. & batteries on 1 side.

CJ
Very nice looking rocket. Its hard to believe no nose weight that's cool. Who's the other guy in the pictures? The young looking one.

Ha Ha...... look who's talking ....old man huh! That's Chuck, Jerry from LOC's cousin, we had a private launch last weekend. Just Me & Jerry launching with Chuck & Bryan [from NASA] there to watch. We flew 9 rockets in near perfect conditions, sunny & clear blue skies, no wind, temp's in the 70's,the kind of day you always wish for!

Very nice job CJ. Guys I got to see the rocket at Bong when the paint was still wet. CJ when you flew it with the J-760 did you use the DD recovery? I would like to fly mine with main at Apogee with smaller motors if the launch site is big enough. I don't mind a walk once in a while.
See you in July
Gary

Yes it was set up exactly the same as for any size motor I would fly in DD mode. The only thing different was I did not bother with a tracker.[not needed, even if it went "rainbow" we could have found it, fields still not planted. It had a 36in regular "OLD" Topflight for the drogue & 60 in Recon for main, which is absolutely perfect for this rocket. Main brings it down slow and soft! I love your stuff Gary!.

Flew mine on Saturday on a CTI M1160 Green [ZERO nose weight]

13,685 feet
1256 MPH

Awesome kit. Thanks, Tim for another great one. Also a big thanks to Dr. David Reese for all his work on this one as well.

--Photo to follow--

...I hope

I just don't get the no nose weight part???? Any other short rocket we always have added nose weight. I guess time will tell when I get mine in the air.

Looks like 2 different motors. Thanks for posting.

Beep beep boop boop

Back