To give away to a good home!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kpklein

Reaction score
Those interested in getting this item FREE, scratch built boost glider. (shown without elastic thread for elevon actuation, will be included) DSCN8229.jpg send me a PM with your name and I will put it into a hat that is relatively clean and draw out the name of the lucky winner who will be informed of his lucky win and who will then have to pay postage and handling charges (especially if sent out of USA) :smile:

Any questions please ask. Good luck!

KPK AKA Professor Kleindorf.

PS. Also includes launcher.

Last edited:
Nicely done- looks like glide recovery? Just an observation; do not put my name into the hat. There are others more needy/worthy than I.

Awesome looking rocket! If I don't win, I'd love to see a build thread, plans, anything...

Pointy Side Up!
Jim

KP:
Personally I'd much rather see You keep your prototype and Upload a plan for others to build from. We'd Love to have it over on the MicroMaxxRockets yahoo.com If your a member of the group already you could upload the plan to the files section. If you not yet with us let me invite you to join the fun:)

Actualy it's not much of a prototype, I made one a lot bigger that flew beautifly on a D motor.

The winner announcement will be made on Friday, stay tuned. Also I will post photos of the "D" version soon.

It is glide recovery. The first photo showes it in its glide mode (photo is shown wrong, it should be pointing right.) The model was about 36" long. Made back in 86 or 87. I still have the plans and patterns. Also 8mm motion picture footage. It was a good flyer.

Last edited:
It is glide recovery. The first photo showes it in its glide mode (photo is shown wrong, it should be pointing right.) The model was about 36" long. Made back in 86 or 87. I still have the plans and patterns. Also 8mm motion picture footage. It was a good flyer.

Can we talk you into sharing the plans/patterns? This is a really nice looking project

I will see if the plans are reproducable and make copys if possible. I hope the city draftsman I know who used to make copys of drawings for me still has the diazo printer. Other wise I will have to look for other options. I would'nt mind sharing it.

And away we go!!! I assigned a number to each contestants name and wrote it on a small piece of paper. They where placed in a tin can and given a good shaking, then dumped in to the hat. I moved them around some more and reached in without looking. The radio was playing the news and I grabbed one number just as the announcer said the number six, I looked and I picked the number six. Must be a cosmic thing. This number was assigned to............................LARRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations Larry, you are the big winner. PM me and let me know where to send it to you. :handshake:

I'm presuming that Larry is the real name of one of the members... LWBercini comes to mind. However, he goes by Lawrence.

It's Larry Vetter. No thread name or anything. Still waiting to hear back from him.

KP,
I'm still intrigued with you D-motor model. I am wondering what you do to transition to glider mode. I don't think I see any elevons on the aft wings. I am wondering if you have a motor ejection tube and rely on a c.g. shift, but even that idea doesn't strike me as correct. If you can get an electronic copy of the plans, I would be interested in seeing them.

KP,
I'm still intrigued with you D-motor model. I am wondering what you do to transition to glider mode. I don't think I see any elevons on the aft wings. I am wondering if you have a motor ejection tube and rely on a c.g. shift, but even that idea doesn't strike me as correct. If you can get an electronic copy of the plans, I would be interested in seeing them.

The motor ejects and the elevons actuate with elastic thread. The elevons are held in neutral position by means of a stiff wire on each protruding under the engine.

My youtube video of the MMX glider clearly showes the same thing in a close up view of the rear.

youyube.com/kpkndusa

micro max boost glider.

Last edited:
Okay, here we go again. The last potential winner did not respond to the drawing last week and a second drawing has been conducted and a new winner is to be announced. The winner is..........Micro flyer (Andy). Hope you respond to let me know you have recieved this message and claim your prize. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!

You have one week.

Last edited:
DAMN, I'm here, just don't check on this stuff often, and I don't receive email notifications....Sorry I missed it Congratulations Andy

Larry

Lary
sorry, I didn't hear any thing from you so I thaught you where not interested.

Lary
sorry, I didn't hear any thing from you so I thaught you where not interested.

Its not your fault. I don't check TRF as often as I use to. I should have included my email address in my pm....Never would have guessed that my name would be drawn.
I hope Andy enjoys his prize :)

Thanks Larry, I feel a bit guilty now, especially since I have similar habits on TRF. I read posts often, but sometimes don't log in or post for long stretches of time. I hope to post some pictures and a launch reports. This will be my first MicroMaxx glider, and I'm really excited to see it fly!

Back