Stealthie Delta Wing Boosted

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goldlizard

Reaction score
Has anyone built a Shrox Steathie delta wing as a boosted glider?
Looking for where to put the motor mount, C.G. ect.
Would like to use A-C motors.
Thanks

I went over there and just got the pic your showing--no plans--hmmm. Might be a problem, no, a challenge !! I'd say PM Shrox and see if you get some help. I suspect you will. Otherwise , It's time to imagineer !!---H

Click on the picture and the plans will come up.
I should have mention that before....Doh!!!:facepalm:

Click on the picture and the plans will come up.
I should have mention that before....Doh!!!:facepalm:

Ah, now I see. It's just a glider and you need to mount it on some kind of booster. If it were me--it's not but I might try this one too---I'd build a booster about twice as long as the glider and piggyback the glider. Mount it to the rear of the booster. I would only have two fins on the booster to mimic the tailfins of the glider. I would think about rear ejection. Like I said ,I might try this one . Looks like fun.---H

Ah, now I see. It's just a glider and you need to mount it on some kind of booster. If it were me--it's not but I might try this one too---I'd build a booster about twice as long as the glider and piggyback the glider. Mount it to the rear of the booster. I would only have two fins on the booster to mimic the tailfins of the glider. I would think about rear ejection. Like I said ,I might try this one . Looks like fun.---H

I think what you're suggesting is something like the Centauri Space Shuttle. Here's the design from JimZ's:
https://www.spacemodeling.org/jimz/centuri/kc-6.pdf

Both the "booster" and "shuttle" were gliders, with a rear-eject power pod. On a good day, you'd lose all three, no matter how many people watching, no matter how brightly painted.

Latest posts

Back