I350-10R 38mm Single Use Motor by Aerotech

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's interesting, but I hope you're not serious. You'd have to have a translucent motor mount and body tube too. :wink:

I think it's safe to say CarVac was being facetious... Although he could be flying plexiglass rockets for all I know..........

I think it's safe to say CarVac was being facetious... Although he could be flying plexiglass rockets for all I know..........

CCotner told me that one USLI team did that as a research objective for their flight.

There is a video of this motor on a test stand out there somewhere, but I can't seem to find it at the moment.

There was a picture of it during the burn on Rocketry Planet a long time ago. Pretty wicked looking from what I remember.

I thought I remember seeing it on a test stand, but maybe that is it. The shish kabob look is the same however.

Posted to the Aerotech Facebook page today:

"Just read some speculation on the SU I350R on TRF. Yes, it was originally designed and produced for a commercial customer and we decided to make it available for sport flyers if they wanted it. The motors were made using expensive machined components in relatively small quantities. A lower cost DMS version has been submitted to TMT and will replace the I350R once certified. It will, however, have a slightly different total impulse and average thrust designation."

Posted to the Aerotech Facebook page today:

"Just read some speculation on the SU I350R on TRF. Yes, it was originally designed and produced for a commercial customer and we decided to make it available for sport flyers if they wanted it. The motors were made using expensive machined components in relatively small quantities. A lower cost DMS version has been submitted to TMT and will replace the I350R once certified. It will, however, have a slightly different total impulse and average thrust designation."

Hence my post from yesterday, when it was posted.

Does Aerotech have datasheets like that for their consumer-level motors? I like specs :)

Does Aerotech have datasheets like that for their consumer-level motors? I like specs :)

All AT consumer motors have instruction sheets with thrust curves under the Resources tab on the AT website.

Bob

I think the I65 is probably the most high anticipated member of this group. A longer burn single use is what is really missing from the market.

What I really wish there was was a single use version of an H410 or H399... No expensive hardware to lose on teleportation flights...

I think the I65 is probably the most high anticipated member of this group. A longer burn single use is what is really missing from the market.
Want. Would be perfect for I-class altitude attempts.

Actually, no. The I132 was the best altitude motor of the single use in the early 90's. It's 38mm, the I65 is 54mm.

I recall an I95 and I220 also, but I believe the I132 was closest to a full I impulse. Anyone remember the I95 or I220 diameters?

I recall. It was a 54mm white lightning. There was an H125W as well, pretty sure it was a full 29mm H.

They posted a DMS promo pic on their FB page the other day with the next round of DMS certs. Included were a 29mm 'I' and several 54mms including an 'L' and what looks like the I65W and a full 'J'/baby 'K'. There were a couple more 29mm and 38mm shown.

They also eluded to testing a DMS 'M' next week!!

Man, I just had a flashback. I also recall a J700. I know this was 54mm and pretty sure it was White Lightening. The first time I saw this motor was in a LOC Caliber ISP launched by Ross Dunton of Magnum at the Sooner Boomer launch in Blackwell, OK back in ~'94. Anybody else with me???

Man, I just had a flashback. I also recall a J700. I know this was 54mm and pretty sure it was White Lightening. The first time I saw this motor was in a LOC Caliber ISP launched by Ross Dunton of Magnum at the Sooner Boomer launch in Blackwell, OK back in ~'94. Anybody else with me???
I've flown J700's. Originally fast low smoke, about the time they became Blue Thunder the J800 reload became available. At twice the price, the J700 quickly disappeared.

Back