OpenRocket: How to Add Motor?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bat-mite

Rocketeer in MD
Reaction score
I can't figure it out for the life of me. I have an Inner Tube selected as a motor mount. I have it set to ignite at launch. But I cannot figure out how to select a motor and insert it.

Thanks for any help!

I can't figure it out for the life of me. I have an Inner Tube selected as a motor mount. I have it set to ignite at launch. But I cannot figure out how to select a motor and insert it.

Thanks for any help!

The second tab at the top is your friend.

Select motors icon then click on the motor mount . Then select add motor

Ah, I figured it out. I didn't realize you had to hit "New Configuration." D'oh!

Next question: What do the red and green dots next to the simulation results mean? Is there something wrong with the launch if there is a red dot?

OpenRocketKit.jpg

Last edited:
D'oh! Nevermind! I didn't realize I had to click "New Configuration" first. Okay, I'm embarrassed.

Next question: what do the red and green dots next to your simulations mean? Is red bad? Why?

red is a warning that something is amiss, often means that your deployment speed is too high. hover your pointer over the dots and it should give you a pop up box with description.
Rex

Ah, thanks. Looks like when I first run the sims, they get green dots. Then after awhile, they turn red. The hover box reads, "Data out of date."

Ah, thanks. Looks like when I first run the sims, they get green dots. Then after awhile, they turn red. The hover box reads, "Data out of date."

If you change parameters in the model, you have to rerun the simulations.

Back