Idea for an online tool... Printable Centering Ring tool

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

K'Tesh

.....OpenRocket's ..... "Chuck Norris"
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Your mission, if you choose to accept it, is to create an online resource for printing centering rings. Users will enter in the outer diameter, and the inner diameter of their centering ring of choice. Output will be a simple printable image that can be applied to a suitable material to make a centering ring out of (or modify a larger centering ring).

Your level of complexity is up to you (should you want to create "cluster" engine mounts), I'm only asking for a 45mm OD, 24mm ID single engine mount, and/or a 45mm OD to 29mm ID single engine mount.

An alternative version would allow for three nested circles (Say a 24mm, 29mm, and a 2.6" circle), for easier modification of an existing 24mm/BT-80 CR.

This message will self destruct in 5 billion years (give or take a few).

Thanks
Jim

BTW:

Yes, I looked. I can't find it

Yes, I know that if I was awake enough I could have created one when I woke up this morning on Open Rocket and emailed it to myself to print here.

No, this computer doesn't run OR (admin issues).​

Last edited:
payloadbay.com is your friend... they have a centering ring pattern tool, I even used it to make a cluster mount pattern for my BT80 Saturn V and Saturn IF...

Later! OL JR :)

Hi Luke,

Bad news...

I printed up the rings today, but had no access to a ruler at the time. When I got home tonight, I measured it, and the 45mm outer edges are closer to 41mm. Perhaps I mucked something up (fit to page turned on?).

I've emailed myself some OR designed ones.

But I'll check them again tomorrow.

All The Best!
Jim

Hi Luke,

Bad news...

I printed up the rings today, but had no access to a ruler at the time. When I got home tonight, I measured it, and the 45mm outer edges are closer to 41mm. Perhaps I mucked something up (fit to page turned on?).

I've emailed myself some OR designed ones.

But I'll check them again tomorrow.

All The Best!
Jim

Sounds like it...

Might play with it a bit and make sure...

Later and good luck! OL JR :)

Printed up another set of them at school... I'll measure them when I get home. By default, fit to page was checked, and it did rescale when I unchecked it.

More later.

Back