GoPro Hero3 in a 2.56" Tube

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trooper

Reaction score
I'd like to mount a GoPro Hero3 in a Madcow DX3. There is no way I can use the camera housing in this size tube. Even without the housing, it is slightly too big to fit in a coupler. The camera will fit into the airframe tube, but without the protective housing. I've got an idea to build the bay, but I would like to hear some suggestions so that I don't limit my options.

I'd like to mount a GoPro Hero3 in a Madcow DX3. There is no way I can use the camera housing in this size tube. Even without the housing, it is slightly too big to fit in a coupler. The camera will fit into the airframe tube, but without the protective housing. I've got an idea to build the bay, but I would like to hear some suggestions so that I don't limit my options.

3d printing.

3D printing is beyond my capabilities. So what I'm thinking is some closed cell foam glued to bulkheads and aluminum threaded rod to hold it together. The cuts on the airframe will be difficult because of where the lens must be. I think I'll have to cut out a quarter of the airframe and reinforce it with sections of couplers and clear polycarbonate.

Back