Thunderstruck 5 drag race

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wildman ky

Reaction score
Here it is the Wildman Kentucky thunderstruck drag race.
You get a special edition 5" Jart 3" hole and the HEDR system
PRO75 2G motor/L910Cstar for just $370
If you already have the rocket the motor combo is just $250
This is a great little motor.
HEDR system
Head End Deployment Recovery this system allows you to have a second event with out the extra payload.
These are great for guys that like short fat rockets,but would also work well with min. dia.
Here is how it works,screw eye bolt into tip of NC.
You get 2 AL bulkplates to create an avbay,then instead of gluing the NC to the coupler you shear pin it,
now the NC becomes your payload.
Highest alt. wins free 2G reload.
limited number so get in while supplies last.
Thanks,
Darryl

Do we know roughly when this race will take place? I want in but I may not be there on Sunday.

Eric.

Darryl, Thank-you VERY much for doing this again this year!:D It's always great when guys like you and, Bob create these friendly little competitions to help out make the event more......eventful and, it doesn't help...hmmm.....side business wise...;)

Thanks for always being a good friend and, friend of the club...

Plus-Your one of the only ones i can smoke around.:rolleyes:

Woohoo! I'm in. Order placed, as soon as the fiberglass arrives, it's time for a quick build for an awesome drag race!

Thanks Darryl, really looking forward to this one!:clap:

Who else is playing??????:pop:

-Eric-

Glad you decided to play Eric. Where are all the mafia guys at?
Must still be hibernating.
I thought is was a good way to start the year,
plus someone gets 75mm 2 G reload for their victory lap.

Darryl

-Eric-

Duh! I'm in.

:marshmallow: DRAG RACE!:marshmallow: DRAG RACE!:marshmallow: DRAG RACE!
marchmellow.gif

Gus figured out how to post a picture!!!! [Great grandpa Piepenburg turns over in grave...]

Sent from my iPad using Rocketry Forum

Tim,
Gus has posted many pictures before..... this is just the first one that isn't a curvy red headimages.jpg

Woohoo! I'm in. Order placed, as soon as the fiberglass arrives, it's time for a quick build for an awesome drag race!

Thanks Darryl, really looking forward to this one!:clap:

-Eric-

Eric,
How is your build going?
Bill has his built.
Matt is waiting on his.
Jason is building his the night before,so it just you and me building now.
I will be done by this weekend. These Jarts are going to be sick on these motors.
There are still a few spots left,so folks can still get in on this deal.
Darryl

Eric,
How is your build going?
Bill has his built.
Matt is waiting on his.
Jason is building his the night before,so it just you and me building now.
I will be done by this weekend. These Jarts are going to be sick on these motors.
There are still a few spots left,so folks can still get in on this deal.
Darryl

Going well my friend! Layed the last of the fin fillets and goo'd the HEDR ring on last night. Rigging the recovery system and drilling holes this weekend if I get the time. I'll post a highly detailed unveiling photo in the near future.

Jason is building another 5" Jart????

Agreed, squat 5" Jarts being flung about by C-Star L motors will be a darn good time! The flame:rocket ratio should be just about right!

What flavors of Kringles am I bringing to Tstuck....pecan, apple cinnamon, rasberry. Am I close?

-Eric-

Going well my friend! Layed the last of the fin fillets and goo'd the HEDR ring on last night. Rigging the recovery system and drilling holes this weekend if I get the time. I'll post a highly detailed unveiling photo in the near future.

Jason is building another 5" Jart????

Agreed, squat 5" Jarts being flung about by C-Star L motors will be a darn good time! The flame:rocket ratio should be just about right!

What flavors of Kringles am I bringing to Tstuck....pecan, apple cinnamon, rasberry. Am I close?

-Eric-
Oh,pecan and apple please!
Thanks,
Darryl

Eric,
what did you get for your dry weight?
I came in right at 4#
Darryl

4#'s? Is that just the nose cone?

Mine came in right at the optimum weight for max altitude:wink:. Which happens to be a lot more than 4 lbs!:)

-Eric-

Eric-

Snow is gone here and the ice is gone, maybe you should make the 2 hour trip and we can paint some rockets......no rattle cans, car paint only!

Preston

Eric-

Snow is gone here and the ice is gone, maybe you should make the 2 hour trip and we can paint some rockets......no rattle cans, car paint only!

Preston
I'm In. I will bring the beer. I have soooo many projects to paint, it's overwhelming.

Eric-

Preston

10 degrees this morning; yes, looking for spring somewhere! We were in the windy city last weekend and it hit the 50's on Friday, that was nice!

If Jason's bringing the beer, I'll be over this afternoon; now I just need to figure out how input MucK Whan Ehr Goo Ohh into the GPS and get over how far that Culver's is off the exit!

Let's bake some donuts while we're at it too!

-Eric-

I'm so glad that it's not just us non Wisconsin people who think your city names are ridiculous ;)

Dave, i'm sure you know that "some of us":rolleyes: grew up in the great state of Wisconsin and, due to a massive downturn in the economy many, many years ago......some how wound up in the present position we are in now.

*Son, those were the Reagan years...*:point:

Because of my UNIQUE situation, i feel i can fill you in on some great mysteries about our neighbors to the north and, why things are the way they are.

First off the word "Wisconsin" is of neither German, Polish, or French origin.....It is REALLY of Winnebago Indian origin and, it means: "Land of MANY Taverns."

I may digress here but, a....

1. Bar- Is where you...
1a. Drink alcohol.

A................

2. Tavern- Is where you...
2a. Drink Beer.
2b. Listen to Polka music on der Jukebox thingy.
2c. Eat deep fried cheesecurds.
2d. Cuddle with fat Polish girls.
2e. Watch the Packers beat up on the Vikings.

Now the many different town, village and, city names that seem soooooo.....different...actually owe their history too the great ethnic diversity of our past.

The American Indian gave us "Lacrosse"!:)
Then...we took all their land from them, stuck them on postage stamp "Reservations" and, promised them that many,many,many years later we would let them build great big Teepee's where games of chance could cause us to lose the clothes on our back!;)

Isn't that right Ho-Chunk!:D

"Damn straight *Pale Face*....":rant:

The French gave us "Prarie du Chien" and, "Eau Claire"!:D
Then we tired of them and, gathered them up on the shores of Lake Superior...
With promises of deep lush forests of lonely woman with *Grande Teton's* and, all the Beaver they could trap...
They swam north in great droves never too be seen for years to come.

Wouldn't you know, they liked it sooooo much, they are now about 30 million of the most pleasant/kind/friendly people YOU'VE ever met living "Up Der!"

Except around the Detroit/Windsor border.:mad:

The Polish gave us a great city named after one back in the old country....They called it "Warsaw."
We TRIED too convince them that Arkansas was a better place to live but, they just walked around in circles....bumping into each other.
Eventually we changed the name to "Wausau" and, gave them "Stevens Point" as an equal trade.

Because of all this many newcomers to the midwest are perplexed by the unique names they hear when we travel amongst you.....Fear not, as you know i have traveled EXTENSIVELY over the years and, i feel quite out of touch when i look at names of towns in California....

Like.

1. Reefer City.
2. Blunt.
3. Weed.
4. Amsterdam.
5. Weed Patch.
6. Bliss.
7. Plaster City.

*You get where this is going?*;)

1. Fruitland.
2. Rainbow.
3. Manlove.
4. Fort Dick.
5. Rough and, Ready.

*I couldn't make this up, IF I TRIED.*:surprised:

So you see, its all a matter of the position you have been relative too during your time amongst us......I hope that clears things up slightly!:p

Last edited:
....and Milwaukee is actually pronounced "Mill-e-wah-que" which is Algonquin for "the good land".;)

Texans pronouncing Wisconsin cities:
[video=youtube;zGcQCtFlENA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGcQCtFlENA[/video].

Back