Estes Pro Series Jayhawk vs Centuri Magnum Jayhawk?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

K'Tesh

.....OpenRocket's ..... "Chuck Norris"
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Unfortunately from this computer, I'm not able to see the .tif file found on the Old Rocket Plans site.

I get the impression that the Estes Pro Series Jayhawk was a reissue of the older Centuri Magnum Jayhawk, that only had updated (read vacuform/plastic) parts. Is this correct?

I've got the Estes Jayhawk, and to be honest, I botched it. Not so bad as it couldn't be finished, just not so good IMHO it'd fly well (if at all).

Now I've got a replacement body tube (and a spare authentic NC too), and I'd like to make both, one a display only, the other capable of flight (perhaps on a 29mm motor).

Since I didn't use the vacuform parts, I could try to copy those, OR if the Magnum Jayhawk is the same scale go old school w/tube and card (my preference (less $$$)).

Thanks
Jim

The Centuri and Estes Jayhawks are different kits. Centuri used BT-80 (2.6") for their kit and Estes used the Pro Series 2.5" tubing, same as used in the currently available Partizon. The nose cone of the Centuri version was an Estes PNC-80K to which you had to attach the canards. The Magnum Jayhawk plans on YORP are available as a PDF that includes all of the patterns that you see when you go to that page.

Back