Ideas to make non conic nose

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DanDare

Reaction score
Hello,

In the task of building a A4/V2 model I'm currently making a transcription from plans to a 2D AutoCad model, to guide me better when I start building. Thinking over all the required steps to accomplish this, what bugs me is how to make the nose. It's not conical but the ogive shape, spitzer kind of nose.
Plain conic nose seems trivial for me but I'm really not sure how to build any ogive shape from scratch.

Im willing about doing it using a styrene sheet, molding the basic conic nose and start from there trying to mold the ogive shape,... or fiberglass?

What would be best? I don't own any turning tool so any idea or trick is very welcome

Thanks
Rodrigo

Last edited:
Thanks rocketguy and hornet.

not sure what transcription is, I'm not an autocad user ...

I'm probably using wrong terms (english is not my native). In time, sorry about any annoyance this can cause.
That thread is great, it has everything I need ! Thanks again.

About transcription I meant turning the raster images of the plans into vectorial stuff, ended with these draws:

Attachments

• V2-P2-V1.pdf
    50.6 KB · Views: 18
  • V2-P1-V1.pdf
    53.4 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Thanks rocketguy and hornet.
I'm probably using wrong terms (english is not my native). In time, sorry about any annoyance this can cause.
That thread is great, it has everything I need ! Thanks again.

About transcription I meant turning the raster images of the plans into vectorial stuff, ended with these draws:

Those are nice drawings! I thought that was what you meant, Solidworks has a similar feature, inserting a photo into a sketch that you can trace over. I thought transcription was an AC term.

Good luck with the nose cone and boat tail. I have a buddy who took STL files from a Solidworks model I made, and had another guy 3D print them. Like I said in the other thread I was surprised how well three conic sections mimicked the ogive shape.

Back