sodmeister???

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gdjsky01

Kim's Rocketeer
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Where is Paul? Been like a month since I've seen him here...
Anyone got some info? Sent a PM, but no response.

Maybe he's still snowed in.

My Sis and BIL live in the Toronto area and had a very snow storm a few weeks back. Lot of trees down, power outages, all bad things to have happen in the middle of winter.

I don't why but I have the idea Paul lives in Ontario or maybe Quebec. Storms there again in the last few days?

Maybe he's still snowed in.

My Sis and BIL live in the Toronto area and had a very snow storm a few weeks back. Lot of trees down, power outages, all bad things to have happen in the middle of winter.

I don't why but I have the idea Paul lives in Ontario or maybe Quebec. Storms there again in the last few days?

Paul lives in Winnipeg.

I heard from him on Feb 2. He's been traveling some as well as keeping busy.

Still, not like him to be gone so long.
Hope he's well!
Hey ole chum, we miss your builds and posts! And you've got a TLP "MARTEL" I found unfinished!

JP

I actually was wondering the same thing yesterday. Somebody give him a poke and tell him to post something so we know he is alive.

TA

Not really, we don't have too much snow this winter in Quebec, but it's more cold than usually.

He built rockets at an incredible pace that were also wonderful to look at. Each one was a work of art and passion.

I believe he may have contracted rocket/TRF burnout.

I actually was wondering the same thing yesterday. Somebody give him a poke and tell him to post something so we know he is alive.

TA

This is from an e-mail I received from Paul on Feb 14:

I have not been on TRF for some time now ,what with working out of town ,and just taking a break from rocketry and doing some furniture making in my shop (my true love....amongst many LOL)

Ok Paul, throw your TRF buddies a bone, why don'tcha ? Do we need to get the RCMP on the case ?

What LW said. I exchanged a few PMs with him a couple months ago. After what appears to have been his farewell address to a few of those that annoyed him most (rapidly deleted from the public domain, and initiated at the defense of a friend I might add). My impression was that he was still in good Paul spirits, but just didn't want the BS directed toward him and a few of his friends on here in his life. Can't say I all together blame him.

Of the people that have faded away during my brief stay here at TRF I definitely miss his contributions the most. An indisputable master modeler and craftsman (on all scales), and in almost every case I can remember a complimentary and agreeable guy who was always willing to kick in a CONSTRUCTIVE 2 cents.

He's gone. He got fed up with a couple of the frakwads here and flamed the bozos. He hasn't been back since.

Really? I missed that. So sad that a couple of low SNRs caused him to leave. Sad for all of us really.

Greg

What LW said. I exchanged a few PMs with him a couple months ago. After what appears to have been his farewell address to a few of those that annoyed him most (rapidly deleted from the public domain, and initiated at the defense of a friend I might add). My impression was that he was still in good Paul spirits, but just didn't want the BS directed toward him and a few of his friends on here in his life. Can't say I all together blame him.

Of the people that have faded away during my brief stay here at TRF I definitely miss his contributions the most. An indisputable master modeler and craftsman (on all scales), and in almost every case I can remember a complimentary and agreeable guy who was always willing to kick in a CONSTRUCTIVE 2 cents.

Sorry to hear this, if it is true. His documented threads were a pleasure to view and read.

He's gone. He got fed up with a couple of the frakwads here and flamed the bozos. He hasn't been back since.

This is terrible news. Please excuse me but I just gotta do this:

FRACK YOU YOU FRAKEN FRAKWADS

<sigh>Again, my apologies. I know this is Weird Wonderful Web and everyone feels justified and enabled.

IMHO we are a diminished community. Oh well. TO ABSENT FRIENDS :cheers:

IMHO we are a diminished community. Oh well. TO ABSENT FRIENDS :cheers:

Indeed! If you look at his profile he does cruise by occasionally (just realized you could do this), so maybe one day he'll just decide to drop a mind blowing built rocket data dump thread on us. A man can hope, right.

I thought he may be taking a break - there was a similar thread some time back wondering where he might be and hoping he was ok.

Its sad to see him stop posting his amazing builds though. A real loss.

Lets hope he he comes back eventually.

He was very inspirational to me, and I still revisit his TLP Build Threads for Knowledge and to envy his Skills.

I can't agree enough with the posts here....Paul is an inspiration to a builder like me...you look at his builds and the final product and I would just scratch my head in amazement. He always had a kind word and was kind enough to send me words of encouragement on some of my builds. I did exchange some e mails with him recently. He is just a true gentleman.

Back