MDRA ESL-189 This weekend at Higgs Farm

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dgreger

Reaction score
Who's coming, and Whatcha bringin?
Planned Flights:
The Riddler Dual Deploy: I212 Smokey Sam - Recycle from last month, bad solder joint on altimeter arming switch now fixed
Samuel Adams Patriot Dual Deploy: I195 Red Lightning
Big Cletus: I180 Skidmark - repaired from last month.
Olde Bay Daddy: F50 Skidmark, then maybe the F240 Vmax again
Maybes:
Guardian 2X: G88 Smokey Sam or G80 Skidmark (depends on the wind)
3Demon Fire: G80 Skidmark
SA-14 Archer: 2 Grain 29 something..maybe the G57 Classic

Current weather forecast

I'll be there Saturday, so far weather on Sunday doesn't look too good.

I plan to do the first flight of my 38mm Onyx and test parachute-streamer recovery. It will have a chute (either 18" or 24" depending on the wind) and also a long silver mylar streamer. The streamer is to make the little rocket easier to spot while descending from high altitude. This initial flight on a 1 grain G motor should only go about 1700 ft. Eventually I plan to fly it on 2 grain H motors which should get it higher than 3500 ft.

Other than that I'll be bringing most of the fleet and decide on what to fly when I get there.

Would like to come, but not thrilled about traipsing around in the snow and sleet (assuming we get some tomorrow night). I have an Estes Ascender with booster stage on two F16s that I would like to fly. Not a fan of the cold and snow, though.

If the weather's good the boys and I are going to come Sunday. And by good, I mean not a whole lot worse than last month...

Jeff, I'll take and post as many as I can. I always say I will then once I start flying I forget! Andy C usually snaps quite a few pics. I have a few from last month and last Red Glare that he took on my profile page.

Now it looks like might be crappy weather on Saturday. But Sunday should be good.

weather2-13-14.jpg

February MDRA launch has been canceled for both sat and sun. We'll try again next month.

Wow The weather will be there without MDRA...That's a first!

It was bound to happen.......but as we speak, the snow covering on the field is masking a layer of tire spinning, vehicle consuming mud.....with more snow forecast. We will be back at again next month.....

Neil

:flyingpig:

With 2 days off from work, and a holiday, in five days I actually got a lot done on the Jericho! It will be ready to fly next month!
Nose cone is almost ready, body work is almost done, then Paint and recovery, should get my order from Julie at Spherachutes in the mail today!

Should be ready to pour the Clear resin this weekend. Getting the rest of the Jericho sanded and ready for paint this week.

Back