• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Wanted Shadow Aero Shock rocket

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So sorry to hear that! Dave didn't make a ton of those, so it would be a deep vault thing for a collector to have. Best of luck!

Just talked to him today. No more Shocks. The type of CF he used for the Shock is so high priced now that it would make the kit very high priced. You can still order his other kits.

Mongoose 54 or Madcow CF Tomach are your best bets now.

Sent from my iPhone using Rocketry Forum

Not sure how many flyers have had a Shock in their hands but the weight is so much less than any other brand out there. Dave used top of the line CF to make the tubes up. Plus the way he builds them is the key to it all.

Currently on Dave's waiting list for a Phoenix build- sure it will be worth waiting for...

Everyone,

In less than 3 hours since I posted the photo of my Shock Value kit, I have received multiple inquiries about buying it. Perhaps I should just start a new thread with it for sale. Actually I am surprised so many are wanting to buy it.

About the kit, I purchased it directly from Dave Triano in January 2009. It has never been assembled and only twice taken out of the box: once when I received it, and once to take the photo you see posted. It is complete just as I received it 5 years ago and everything that was included from ShadowAero is shown in the photo.

Crossfire was the first to contact me on it. I would like to give this a few days on the existing thread to see if others have a similar level of interest. I will update status on this after it has been aired a few more days. Thanks everyone.

NR

I think crossfire should get it. Wouldn't feel right getting into a bidding war-no matter how much I want it.
(but if he turns it down...)

I think crossfire should get it. Wouldn't feel right getting into a bidding war-no matter how much I want it.
(but if he turns it down...)

All,

It has been offered for sale to crossfire. If the offer is declined, then it will be posted for anyone who is interested. Thanks.

NR

Nr
Go and offer it to someone else. $700 is way to much for the Shock. I don't think I even paid that much for my 75mm SA Phoenix.
Thanks

Nr
Go and offer it to someone else. $700 is way to much for the Shock. I don't think I even paid that much for my 75mm SA Phoenix.
Thanks

To all:

Anyone who considers the price I quoted as excessive should check with the manufacturer, ShadowAero, aka Dave Triano. Dave is a reputable business man and a very honest person who will not with hold information. Just ask Dave what a standard Shock Value kit would cost today. Report back here with the results.

I was only responding to an inquiry posted by another enthusiast. I misjudged the degree of serious intent which the OP had related.

NR

To all:

Anyone who considers the price I quoted as excessive should check with the manufacturer, ShadowAero, aka Dave Triano. Dave is a reputable business man and a very honest person who will not with hold information. Just ask Dave what a standard Shock Value kit would cost today. Report back here with the results.

I was only responding to an inquiry posted by another enthusiast. I misjudged the degree of serious intent which the OP had related.

NR

Gary was serious. $700 is so much more than the rocket originally cost that you likely get to keep it.

Sent from my iPad using Rocketry Forum

I keep asking Dave to do a limited run on a kit but no luck yet. He's been very busy with other things in life.
The last email we shared he said it just wasn't worth the time to get all the materials together and end up selling only a portion of the kits they would make.

I keep asking Dave to do a limited run on a kit but no luck yet. He's been very busy with other things in life.
don't laff. I may have stumbled onto a barnfind. Very delicate. I can't tell you who, but a heavy hitter. Not being mysterious, just giving you a ray of hope. Have you seen the exquisite work Dave is doing with restoring classic boats? The boy is an artiste!

don't laff. I may have stumbled onto a barnfind. Very delicate. I can't tell you who, but a heavy hitter. Not being mysterious, just giving you a ray of hope. Have you seen the exquisite work Dave is doing with restoring classic boats? The boy is an artiste!
Got a link to show what he is doing?

Yes I have known about Dave's restoration work for years. So your saying there might be hope for some Shadow rockets again someday? I think when Dave's friend Frank passed one he lost intrest in rocketry.

Back