Stark Industries Jericho Missile!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Absolutely impressive builds!! On the flight it looks like it was coming in pretty quickly. What size main did you use? When it hit I thought I saw something pop off or was that something on the ground?

Might want a bigger chute. That sucker was coming down fast.

Sent from my iPhone using TopRamens Rocketry Forum App

Its a 36" main from Spherechutes, the wind was really blowing so it was coming in almost sideways, when it hit the sustainer tumbled a couple times. No damage just lots of Chicken poop! (all the outer fields were recently fertilized with liquified chix crap, its an eastern shore thing!) I am going to move up to a 42" for future flights though.

A friend of mine got this awesome picture of liftoff!
Jericho Just Lit small.jpg
Photo Credit: Mark Hollis

Last edited:
'Merica! What a great picture! Thanks for posting. Great looking project by the way.

Sent from my iPhone using TopRamens Rocketry Forum App

Nice Job...

I was glad to hear that it survived that landing. That looked HARD!

Next Flight - I540 White Thunder 5 grain, then the J270 Green 5 Grain after my level 2 attempt with my Frenzy

Do you have enough room to fly it on a J520 skid? That would look beautiful and would be LOUD as well.

Outstanding Missile!
Nice video too.
I agree, somebody needs to market this bird! Get a copy right!

JP

Do you have enough room to fly it on a J520 skid? That would look beautiful and would be LOUD as well.

I would have to measure to make sure, but even the I297 5 grain would be obnoxious! I do think I made the motor tube 18" so probably Just enough room to go drogueless. The root edge of the fins is 23"

Here's another great picture showing off the Stark Logo. The black dots around the bottom are actually phillips head screws. the ones around the payload are vinyl from Mark. They are perfect for hiding the Rivets and shear pins!

Dave with stark.jpg

Last edited:
I would have to measure to make sure, but even the I297 5 grain would be obnoxious! I do think I made the motor tube 18" so probably Just enough room to go drogueless. The root edge of the fins is 23"

Here's another great picture showing off the Stark Logo. The black dots around the bottom are actually phillips head screws. the ones waround the payload are vinyl from Mark. They are perfect for hiding the Rivets and shear pins!

View attachment 167100

NOW THAT SAYS IT ALL RIGHT THERE! awesome!

Good news and Bad news!
Good: Second flight on the I540 to around 2300ft on Friday at Red Glare.
Bad: Third flight on the 5 Grain J270 Green to right around a few hundred feet - Rear O-Ring failure resulting in a burn through of the end of the casing/motor retainer.
Main came out keeping the rocket safely on the field away from spectators with the last grains still burning. Needs new retainer and will fly again.
Robert from Animal Motor Works got me a new J270, 6 Grain case and spacer under warranty from CTI on the spot.
Might have to wait to fly it on the J depending on conditons as we are moving to the Sod Farm next month until next Red Glare. So a steady diet of the 4 and 5 grain I motors for the summer!!
Forgot to get pictures of the burned through case, but will post pics of the aft of the Rocket.

Last edited:
Rebuilt! giving it another go on the J270 Green this weekend at the Sod Farm. Took advantage of the down time fixing the retainer/MMT and rebuilt/replaced the Payload bay. the original was a stock 12" Madcow. I bought a stock 4" airframe and cut it to 16", made new fins and re-did the decals (Thanks again Mark!)
So here she sits 4" taller. It actually only changed the stability about +.3

New Jericho.jpg

'Bout time you brought that puppy 'up to scale".
;)
Looks great.

You finally gonna fly yours this weekend? Or saving motor money for your New Garage??

G'ericho will be out tomorrow, no problem. I mean, we'll have to dust it off first. Its
been waiting for Dave's Jericho(which we call 'lil jerry) to grow up so to speak....But now
that the new,longer payload is in place.... we dont feel like we're taking advantage
of anyone.

;)

Jericho J270 Green.jpg
Photo Credit Adrienne Ramey
J270 Green to 2077ft. Great straight flight on a cool motor! Landed in the soft sod grass.

Last edited:
Sorry I missed it....but I'm sure it will go up again. This rocket should be in the 'eye catching' thread.

I’d love to build one of these!! And I think I have most of the parts to do it. Could you share your sim?

Back