Stark Industries Jericho Missile!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dgreger

Reaction score
Ok, here it is everyone, I am building it! I started with a 31" long 4" diameter airframe from Madcow with 4 precut slots and extended them, then extended the lines out and cut slots for tabs I made on the forward end of the main fins. These tabs are only 1/8" thick so they dont protrude too far in as to interfere with the recovery gear.
I also made 1/8" tabs on the Canards and cut slots on the 12" airframe for the payload bay.
IMG_0143.JPG

Last edited:
Mark has already made the vinyl for it, Im going to paint it Desert Tan and Brown.
It has a 38mm MMT, a PML tailcone, and I am going to make a mold of the Madcow Nosecone, then make a NC out of a UV resistant clear casting epoxy resin from Smooth-on.com, then will mask and paint it leaving the "windows" It will have a camera and assorted other electronics in the nose.
IMG_0125.JPG

I love that speech, I only hope mine doesnt blow up like that one!
An I540 White Thunder will take it to right around 2500ft.

Last edited:
Look forward to seeing it Greg!

My daughter wanted a Jericho which we tossed together from this and that. I didn't attempt the camo, just went desert sand. Mark's "Stark Industries" vinyl is great! The little windows on the warhead didn't work out for us as there was quite a lot of curvature on the NC and we couldn't seem to quite get it all pulled smooth.

Jericho.jpg

Here's a dry fit mock-up, got all the main fins epoxied on last night, will start pulling the fillets tonight. Tailcone/MMT is done, retainer JB-Welded on. Just ordered more of the rubber mold material so I can make a mold of the NC. Once thats ready, I will pour the clear resin, then add the electronic goodies I have for it!

IMG_0144.JPG

Last edited:
How are you casting the nose cone to keep it hollow? rotocast or inside and outside molds? any pics of your technique?
Great build! Cool rocket.
Dan Schwartz

Dan, its pretty much going to be pour the resin into the mold and slowly rotate it for about 10-15 mins by hand until it sets up. Im going to pour enough in to get a decent coating then add more til I get around 3/16" thickness (I hope!) one of our club members (he does composites and edhesives etc for a living) pointed me to the components and gave me the technique. If it doesnt work the way I hope I will get mark (Stickershock ) to print me some windows and I'll just paint the NC I have, but I am hoping to pull it off!

The PML tail cone worked out perfectly, the shoulder combined with the thickness of the Aft CR fit perfect behind the fin tabs
IMG_0146.JPGIMG_0132.JPG

The Canards, slots cut, epoxied in, and fillets done. West Systems 105/206 and 2 heaping teaspoons of Colloidal Silica 406, used small popsicle sticks to draw the fillets. I didnt want large fillets, on most if not all military missiles none have them.
I gave the canards 1/8" tabs for TTW mounting, and will epoxy over them internally so as not to interfere with recovery. I did the same on the forward end of the main fins as well.
IMG_0148.JPG

Av Bay parts: I'll finish putting this together tonight after I pull the main fin fillets.
This will hold my new RRC2+

IMG_0127.JPG

Pulled fillets on two main fins last night and did some assembly on the E-Bay.
Mounted the terminal blocks, and Blastcap Ejection wells. Started wiring with parts from Doghouse Rocketry.

It didn’t occur to me when I first watched that movie; but why would the Air Force be interested in a Surface to Surface missile?

On the other hand I suppose the “Jericho” could be multi-mission capable but if so; why not demonstrate it in a way the USAF would utilize it?

On the Gripping Hand; this post doesn’t really have anything to do with this build thread so I’ll go away now.

It didn’t occur to me when I first watched that movie; but why would the Air Force be interested in a Surface to Surface missile?

On the other hand I suppose the “Jericho” could be multi-mission capable but if so; why not demonstrate it in a way the USAF would utilize it?

On the Gripping Hand; this post doesn’t really have anything to do with this build thread so I’ll go away now.

I wondered about that too. Regardless, this is going to be an incredibly cool build!

In the movie at the demonstration, there were all services represented along with some foreign military, and since Col. Rhoades (Air Force) is the Liason for Stark Industries, that made it believable that the AF would be invited/interested.

All the fillets have been pulled now, hopefully tonight or tomorrow (I will probably have the day off due to the impending Snowstorm coming) I will get the fillets smoothed out with bondo along with the spirals filled and sanded. My second order of rubber mold material came yesterday ( I ordered it Monday!) so I will get the NC molded. Then Friday I'll get it cast. Saturday and Sunday is the club launch so I wont be getting anything done.
I am having a blast building it, in the home stretch now.

Just ordered the Chute for it from Julie at Spherachutes. I use a 36" in my patriot (red, white, and blue) and another in the Riddler (Black and Neon Green) and a 12" drogue in both, they are sweet chutes.

Last edited:
Maybe after I finish my Frenzy and get my L2 out of the way, but I have a couple other builds going on as well.
I am going to build a "launcher/display" stand though!

Off today due to the snow, possibly off tomorrow as well, tons of build time and prep time for this weekends launch!

It would be cool to do this with a 10" airframe, near full scale.

Fedex just delivered the last of the silicone mold material to do the Nose Cone with, should get it poured and cast this weekend!! Also should finish sanding the fillets and spirals and get some primer on it. More pics to come in the morning.

Got the Original Madcow NC molded and released. Now to pour the Clear Epoxy Resin into the mold.

IMG_0152.JPG

IMG_0157.JPG

IMG_0158.JPG

IMG_0159.JPG

IMG_0165.JPG

IMG_0164.JPG

Slow going in Ye Olde Rocket Shop, sanding the fillets and spirals, got first coat of primer on the Payload bay/Canards. Still perfecting the NC. Might just have to fly it with a Standard NC until I can get it the way I want it. Itching to get this puppy in the air next month at MDRA!!!

Frenzy and Jericho are getting the Fill and sand treatment!

IMG_0166.JPGIMG_0169.JPGIMG_0174.JPG

Sustainer primered, almost ready for paint!
ImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1394043949.868493.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Rocketry Forum

Is that Bondo glazing and spot putty you are filling with?

Back