29mm Crossfire Up-scale

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lots of Motor Possibilities for this one since it will probably weigh around 10-12Oz. without the Motor, so I'm making a 29-24mm Adapter for it too.
Tomorrow I will start Designing the Nose Cone Shoulder Extension and the Adjustable Nose Weight Allthread Section.

Crossfire29X 005.jpg

I still have'nt started the Nose Cone Extension, but I did get a Coat of Finishing Epoxy on the Body/Airframe today.
We're supposed to have some warmer Weather in the next couple of days, so I hope to be able to atleast get some Primer on the Airframe.

Last edited:
Today I finally dug out some Tube and began fashioning the Nose Cone Shoulder Extension.

Crossfire29X 008.jpg

Crossfire29X 009.jpg

Looking good TR!
Don't get burned out anytime soon, I enjoy watching your builds.

JP

Thanks JP.
Don't plan on gettin' Burned out anytime soon, but I've had all sorts of other stuff going on for the past month or so that keeps gettin' in the way of sittin' at the Workbench.

The Finishing Epoxy has had about a Week to cure so I'll try to get it sanded smooth today.
Still need to work on the Nose Cone Assembly.

Crossfire29Xxxx 001.jpg

JeromeK99 sent me some 3/4oz. and 1.5oz. Fiberglass to try out, so I'm trying it out on the Shoulder section. I have plenty of Tube to do a "Do Over" if I don't get it right the first time, but it looks pretty good as it sits drying.
This is my very first Foray into using Fiberglass, and I can already tell that I'm going to like it. There was just something that felt so right as I rolled the Piece of Tube on the Glass and watched the Finishing Epoxy saturate the Glass. I was saying to myself, "Oh Yeah!"
Thanks Jerome! This should help me to build a lot lighter than with my crazy "Papering everything with 110# Cardstock and Wood Glue Methods".:)

FirstFiberglass 002.jpg

Awesome! Try it on balsa fins too! Lighter than basswood, stronger than ply! :)

Jerome

This one's going on the Back Burner for now.
Guess that just happens sometimes.
Now that I know how to use Fiberglass this one looks pretty silly with the way I had been building it.

Back