Concept design: SCP - 1068

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HeavyLight

Reaction score
Being a rocketeer and a fan of the SCP Foundation, I looked to see if there was a rocket SCP. Lo and behold https://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-1068. I noticed it had no picture so I felt like setting out to correct this. From reading it, all I could glean was that it was a scale Minuteman ICBM so I chose the Minuteman III because the rest of them have a ridiculous amount of transitions for a model. I started a very basic idea in OpenRocket. It's basically a LOC 3" transitioned to a 2.14" with a 29mm motor mount. Ideally I'd like to find some clear material to use for the fins but I've never seen anything like that outside of low power scale models. Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Also, if you find yourself with some spare time then look at the SCP site. There are some really good stories even though they're mostly of a horror nature.

View attachment Minuteman III.ork

I don't have design input, but that SCP-property rocket sounds hella awesome :)

Thanks. :) I should have it done well before summer. I also had the idea of seeing if I can submit a picture since the article has none.

Back