Integrated AV Bay Sleds are here!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will take these into consideration.

I print hex nut sockets into the base of nose cones to screw the shoulder on. The nuts slide in from the side and are retained nicely, so the nut doesn't have to be glued.

shoulder nut socket.jpg

Gary

Interesting. I'm surprised you had the issue.

The only issue with fdm / fff parts is delamination, which happens often under stress but should be a non issue for an internal structure. This can be solved by giving the part a acetone vapor bath (assuming it is ABS).

I'm excited to see entrepreneurs taking to 3d printing and CNC machines for the hobby - it will open up a lot of creativity and new parts for the community that would have never been commercially feasible given the small size of the market.

Landru, you should think about using t-glase (PET), or nylon as your parts get bigger. I happen to have a laser stereolithography printer and several very large scale fdm printers if you ever want to see one of your parts in high resolution, or very, very large (8 cubic feet of build volume!), let me know. Happy to help an entrepreneur.

alex

Interesting. I'm surprised you had the issue.

The only issue with fdm / fff parts is delamination, which happens often under stress but should be a non issue for an internal structure. This can be solved by giving the part a acetone vapor bath (assuming it is ABS).

I'm excited to see entrepreneurs taking to 3d printing and CNC machines for the hobby - it will open up a lot of creativity and new parts for the community that would have never been commercially feasible given the small size of the market.

Landru, you should think about using t-glase (PET), or nylon as your parts get bigger. I happen to have a laser stereolithography printer and several very large scale fdm printers if you ever want to see one of your parts in high resolution, or very, very large (8 cubic feet of build volume!), let me know. Happy to help an entrepreneur.

alex

Strangely, the PLA parts don't have any significant lamination problems at all. The inter layer bonding is really fantastic due to the lower melting point and glass transition temps. Totally different than ABS.

I take it you have one of the Fortus machines?

ETA on the RRC2+ 75mm single sled? I see on the website they are currently out of stock.

Thank you,

Justin

Justin -

We should have replacement 75mm RRC2+ sleds by the weekend of the 14th.
Production printing is in process...

Justin -We should have replacement 75mm RRC2+ sleds by the weekend of the 14th.
Production printing is in process...

Thank you much.

I just ordered an RRC3 and the 75mm sled as well.

Thank you,

Justin

Hi everybody!

I just wanted to let everyone know of a possible issue if you bought the Raven/Stratologger (ORANGE) 98mm x2 sled.

I oops'ed on the left side holes for the raven altimeter and they are mirrored from what they should be. I just found out about the issue this morning.

If you are only using one raven on the right side of the sled it makes no difference, but if you are planning to mount 2 ravens it is a problem.

If you planned on mounting two ravens, please send me an e-mail or PM and we will work out a replacement asap.

Thanks,

~Andrew

Since missleworks web store is down are the sleds for the RRC3 available direct? If not is there an alternative dealer?

Sneak peek at a new and specialized product for 76 and 98mm:

IMG_20140728_172230819.jpgIMG_20140728_172220398.jpg

More of the same on the back side of the sled, too!

Back