Integrated AV Bay Sleds are here!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Landru

Additive Aerospace
TRF Sponsor
Reaction score
Hi Everyone!

My 3D Printed AV bay sleds are ready to ship!

Mounting holes for the popular Stratologger, HI-ALT45, or Raven Altimeters.

*Integrated 9V battery holder keeps your battery secure and completely enclosed.
The battery is easy to remove and change with a screw on cover.

*Switch mount for the reliable Schurter 0033.4501. The switch is secured
near the surface of a your coupler for easy access on the pad.

*Modular, compact design allows the sled to be moved from rocket to rocket easily. Mounts to 1/4-20 all-thread with a 2 inch hole spacing.

*The sled is pre-slotted to make wire routing a breeze.

*Bright orange color makes finding your expensive electronics in a field much easier (just in case)

*3D Printed from durable and environmentally friendly PLA plastic.

You can purchase the sleds on my etsy store!

IMG_20140131_230840594.jpgIMG_20140131_231022343.jpgIMG_20140131_210602391.jpgIMG_20140131_212232714.jpgIMG_20140131_225452479.jpgIMG_20140131_230716859.jpgIMG_20140131_222326321.jpg

Similar sleds for the RRC2+ and RRC3 will be available directly from Missile Works in a few days, so keep your eyes peeled!

Last edited:
Ooohh - now it's getting interesting! This is some pretty neat stuff. Imagination + creative design + 3D printer = :eyepop: :gavel: :cheers: :clap: :D

Sweet. VERY sweet.
As soon as those RRC2 & 3 versions are available, you will certainly be getting an order from me.

s6

This is the coolest thing to hit the hobby in a LONG time. Thanks for your great contribution.

Those altimeters look really familiar!

Great job Andrew!

Can you ship to Canada?;)

Yep, just send me a PM or etsy message with your address and I'll get shipping figured out.

This is the coolest thing to hit the hobby in a LONG time. Thanks for your great contribution.

It was a joint effort! Lots of help from Dan Patell, Jim Amos, and suggestions from BLKKROW and accpool to get this started!

I could not resist. Great product.

Sent from my iPad using Rocketry Forum

Just re-read your first post......

Regarding the Missileworks compatible ones - are they ONLY going to be available through Missileworks, or will you be offering them via your Etsy site as well?

s6

My 54mm fin can arrived today. Looks great and fits my fiberglass tube very well. Will be putting it to a test in a couple of weeks.
Great product

I've added the RRC2+ Modular Sleds to the Shopping cart.
The RRC3 versions will go up tomorrow.

54mmExample.jpg

Asking again - are the Missileworks versions ONLY available through Missileworks, or will they be sold on Landru's Etsy site as well?
I ask because I'm planning to get a couple of other items from Landru direct, and I'd like to pay only one shipping charge if I can.

thanks, s6

Asking again - are the Missileworks versions ONLY available through Missileworks, or will they be sold on Landru's Etsy site as well?
I ask because I'm planning to get a couple of other items from Landru direct, and I'd like to pay only one shipping charge if I can.

thanks, s6

Correct.. The RRC2+/RRC3 sleds are available only from missileworks.com

None with a center hole for only one 1/4-20 TR?

I usually only use one threaded rod.

JD

He had to pick a design and go with it. If you'd like a few, I bet he's custom print some.

Sent from my iPhone using Rocketry Forum

Maybe this is a good reason to switch to two rod bays. I for one am making new bulkheads for my 2", 3", 4", and 5" electronics bays to accommodate his spacing.

When creating a product like this and coupling it with the vastly different ways that rocketeers design their e-bays, it's almost impossible that he would be able to create a plug and play option for everyone. Adapt and overcome, we love working on rockets anyways!

None with a center hole for only one 1/4-20 TR?

I usually only use one threaded rod.

JD

I can't fit the switch if there is a rod in the center on the 54mm version. Also, I wanted a standard design across all size platforms so I didn't have to entirely redo the model.

The result is no center rod.

What about a blank so you can use other altimeter brands? Maybe with the battery and switch but let me drill where I need..

That's a good idea to have one with blanks... Mine isn't here yet but I'm wondering if it would require more structure so that there is enough to hold the screws.

This seems like it would be useful on the dual sled though...I might have a data logger in one slot but something cheaper (egg timer?) in slot two for redundancy. Or maybe some different electronics altogether...GPS locator, guts of an 808 #16 camera, etc.

How easy (or hard) would it be to scale the 54mm version for a Semroc Series 225 tube? Series 225 has an ID of 2.250" and an OD of 2.340". It uses a BTH-70 for the couple/AV bay, and the BTH-70 has an ID of 2.175" and a OD of 2.247."

How easy (or hard) would it be to scale the 54mm version for a Semroc Series 225 tube? Series 225 has an ID of 2.250" and an OD of 2.340". It uses a BTH-70 for the couple/AV bay, and the BTH-70 has an ID of 2.175" and a OD of 2.247."

Seems like those dimensions are close enough you might as well use the 54mm version. Only difference is that you will have some extra space around the sled and a bit more spacing down to the screw switch, which is actually a good thing for air flow.

Jim,

How are these adjusted for height up and down the AV bay? For example, I have an 8" 54mm AV bay which will have the switch access at 4" (in the center on the switch band)...do the sleds have a way of adjusting to the hole location depending on length of the AV bay?

And...any idea when the RRC2+ and RRC3 sleds for 54mm will be back in stock?

Jim,

How are these adjusted for height up and down the AV bay? For example, I have an 8" 54mm AV bay which will have the switch access at 4" (in the center on the switch band)...do the sleds have a way of adjusting to the hole location depending on length of the AV bay?

And...any idea when the RRC2+ and RRC3 sleds for 54mm will be back in stock?

Use nuts or garolite tubes from McMaster.

Back