CRC - Low power builds

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guessed it right off but was too late to post an answer!

The design was based on the OOP Estes Wacky Wiggler.
The Kevlar tether will last much longer than the cord in the Wiggler.

The Break-Away won't need any additional streamers. It's designed to fall horizontally, all the segments tethered together.
Of course, landing on grass is always easier on rockets.
It's a great model for small fields with little drift on recovery.

The Odd'l Rockets Break-Away is being redesigned to use a heavier wall BT-50, even stronger than the previous ST-10 tubes.
As soon as the Little Green Man is in production, work on the Break-Away is next up!

Last edited:
Wiggler eh....never heard of it, looks heavy with all that plastic.
Great News & info hcmbanjo! That sounds like a rocket I'd buy! I like the thought of being able to fly it high with 24mm E's, while still having it be recovered without having to walk 100's of meters. It seems like it will be a cool rocket, cant wait to try it! Please let me/us know when the new breakaway is out.

I got some colours on my Breakaway, now I just got to paint fincan & then start to figure out how to tie those sections together with my fat fingers. Another reason I like the idea of a larger BT version.
Picture 5067.jpg

I got my Odd'll breakaway completed, here is a couple pics of it right after I finished tieing those knots, I added a eye screw to the nose cone & another 4" of kevlar cause I thought that coard needed a few extra inches & why waste the kevlar by cutting it off. Pic was before I clear coated it, but since then it has got some clear. I hope to fly it soon, maybe even this weekend.
Picture 5078.jpgPicture 5079.jpg

Back