2014 - Ten years for WILDMAN'S

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WILDMANRS

TRF Sponsor
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
2014 is the 10th year anniversary for Wildman's .
Its hard to believe that I have been doing Wildman's for 10 years now it seams like yesterday when a bunch of my friends talked me into starting this.
To celebrate Wildman's will be have different sale every month.
The month of February is building materials its close enough we will start the sale today.
Fiberglass tubes, couplers, centering rings, bulk plates,g10 stock and filament wound nose cones are 20% off .
All glue and gluing accessories are 15% off.
All prices will be adjusted here in house, not on the website, the discounts will be on top of Wildman club if you are a member.

Thank You All for the last ten years and we look forward to the next ten.

:grin:

Btw, will all announcements for the next sales be posted in this thread?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPod touch using Rocketry Forum

Congratulations Tim and Jackie! Best wishes for the next 10!

Wow, ten years! That's terrific. :wave:

Is now a good time to mention I want to change the Gizmo nose cone you sent me with a nice black filament wound nose cone? Physical nose cone exchange would happen at Airfest. I haven't built it yet, it's sitting next to Wayne's (also unbuilt) Ultimate Dark Star and we occasionally stand there and stare at them with awe.....:surprised:

Congratulations! :cheers:

I have a feeling this is going to be a bad year for my wallet....

Congrats Tim!!!

It's gonna be tough for me to avoid ordering those custom cut fins now :wink:

Wow, this IS going to be a dangerous year.

Tim, I think I already know the answer to this question but for clarification's sake:
Is is only FIBERGLASS airframes/couplers/bps/crs/nosecones that are on sale, or does the sale include the PML & LOC parts as well?

I'm asking because I was just about to place an order for some PML and/or LOC parts this morning as it happens.

Either way, another great sale - with more to come it sounds like - from Wildman. Thanks Tim!!

s6

Ah yes....it seems only like yesterday.....:rolleyes: Driving 5 hours out to the Crown Jewel to *check out* this new exciting sport called "High Powered Rocketry" and, leaving with a newly applied TRA membership, 3" Wildman Dual Deploy kit, an Altimeter, Parachute...etc.

Here we are NINE years latter....:D

One new club in Indiana (six years ago), another great field to share with anyone that makes the drive, Purdue and, other college students learning and, playing with smaller versions of what they will eventually work on after graduation! Various field trips to other great events...MANY new friends and, people still too meet...

All partially because of that one day.

Congratulations Tim and, Jackie for being like an extended family to me and, all that you have done for (me) and, everyone else over the last 10years!
Here's too many, many more!:wave:

*You know, in a another life you could have made an excellent Con-Man......(Bigger, faster, more carbon.....Skidmark motors.....new ZL-1 Camaro in the driveway)....etc...etc...etc....:eek:*

I am very proud to call the Tim "The Chi-Town Hustler" Lehr...my friend......

What he said! :point::point::point: :wave: :w:

Jeff, that's Sharon's screen name.....
:facepalm:

Congratulations Tim and Jackie! I think I will wait for my current order to come in before I order some more stuff. But I am making a list for another "Energizer Bunny" build, how about the "Black Bunny"?

Talk about coincidence ... I just happened to order some FG bulkplates and G10 last night at 10:17 PM PT.
Guess that's 12:17 AM today at Wildmans, right? :wink:
Anyhow, congratulations and thank you for 10 years of great service to the rocketry community!

Tim,,,,,,,,,,
I can't believe it's been 10 years...........
It seems like yesterday you were cutting a hole in my
nosecone at the METRA field for my successful level 1 flight..........

Wildman it is............
Wildman it always will be.........

My heartiest congratulations ................

If you think the last 10 years where rock and roll,,,,,,,
the next 10 are going to knock your socks off.................

P.S. I guess Jackie lost the bet................lol

Teddy

Jackie and Tim congratulations on your 10th year in business. Just wait until you guys are starting your 23rd year like Miki and I are. Time has gone very fast.
Take a break and have some fun.

Gary & Miki

Jeff, that's Sharon's screen name.....
:facepalm:

Congratulations Tim and Jackie! I think I will wait for my current order to come in before I order some more stuff. But I am making a list for another "Energizer Bunny" build, how about the "Black Bunny"?
Thank You the Black Bunny has a nice ring to it.

Wow, this IS going to be a dangerous year.

Tim, I think I already know the answer to this question but for clarification's sake:
Is is only FIBERGLASS airframes/couplers/bps/crs/nosecones that are on sale, or does the sale include the PML & LOC parts as well?

I'm asking because I was just about to place an order for some PML and/or LOC parts this morning as it happens.

Either way, another great sale - with more to come it sounds like - from Wildman. Thanks Tim!!

s6
Yes its only on fiberglass parts.
Thank You

Ah yes....it seems only like yesterday.....:rolleyes: Driving 5 hours out to the Crown Jewel to *check out* this new exciting sport called "High Powered Rocketry" and, leaving with a newly applied TRA membership, 3" Wildman Dual Deploy kit, an Altimeter, Parachute...etc.

Here we are NINE years latter....:D

One new club in Indiana (six years ago), another great field to share with anyone that makes the drive, Purdue and, other college students learning and, playing with smaller versions of what they will eventually work on after graduation! Various field trips to other great events...MANY new friends and, people still too meet...

All partially because of that one day.

Congratulations Tim and, Jackie for being like an extended family to me and, all that you have done for (me) and, everyone else over the last 10years!
Here's too many, many more!:wave:

*You know, in a another life you could have made an excellent Con-Man......(Bigger, faster, more carbon.....Skidmark motors.....new ZL-1 Camaro in the driveway)....etc...etc...etc....:eek:*

I am very proud to call the Tim "The Chi-Town Hustler" Lehr...my friend......

Yes Gus I think I also remember that day.
I really miss that field sometimes. the after launch party's at grandma's, walking on the sod in bare feet to recover your rocket.
You and the rest of the friends that I have meet in this hobby are what have kept me going in the bad times of this business.
I am proud to call you my friend Gus.
Thank you

Tim,,,,,,,,,,
I can't believe it's been 10 years...........
It seems like yesterday you were cutting a hole in my
nosecone at the METRA field for my successful level 1 flight..........

Wildman it is............
Wildman it always will be.........

My heartiest congratulations ................

If you think the last 10 years where rock and roll,,,,,,,
the next 10 are going to knock your socks off.................

P.S. I guess Jackie lost the bet................lol

Teddy

Thank You
Teddy and I still never collected on that bet.

I KNOW that i will never forget the day when Jackie was accessing my account information on the *Wildman Laptop* in the "Rolling Smokers Lounge" when i caught just a brief glance.....at the cumulative total of money that i have spent at Wildman Rocketry over the past nine years.

Lets just say...;)

1. I think i was responsible for unknowingly buying Tim his 2013 ZL-1 Camaro. The SAME one he took me out in and, caused me to sell my Fiat and, purchase one very similar (but, faster!:D)
2. Could have paid most of my mortgage off...
3. Supported me COMPLETELY through an undergraduate degree in Engineering at a *Big name* College, just north of me...
or.
4. Purchased the rough equivalent of (1) Shuttle SRB in *Sparky*:p propellant...

Someday in Earths future a distant life form (From far across the Cosmos,) may be investigating the burned out remains of a society that once belonged too us. In their discoveries a fertile piece of what was once *Farm Land* may yield an exciting but, implausible discovery!

"Not ONLY did this area of land support the humans with the production of sustainable food but, they must have harvested their mineral Titanium here too!"

There's alot of Titanium Flake and, Sponge permanently imbedded into the ground of Ash Grove Indiana...along with a lot of Carmelized Corn Sugars...:rofl:

Oh well, you can't take it with you and, IF you pass it on too someone else (after your gone).........their JUST going to PI$$ it away too....;)

Congratulations Tim and Jackie. Sounds like it has been a helluva ride so far. I'm only in my third year of playing with HPR and your products and help have been invaluable to me in getting where I am. Can't wait to get some 2-stage flights in this year and hope to see you at URRF in June to show off. Now, to be honest, I'm surprised it's only been 10 years - I've always assumed you've been there since the beginning :tongue:
Personally, I'm hoping you're around for many more years - I still have a lot to do.

-brant

Last edited:
"Not ONLY did this area of land support the humans with the production of sustainable food but, they must have harvested their mineral Titanium here too!"

There's alot of Titanium Flake and, Sponge permanently imbedded into the ground of Ash Grove Indiana...along with a lot of Carmelized Corn Sugars...:rofl:
What about Manny's CF all over the place?

:rofl:

Tim
Yes some times things are crazy in this business. Its hard to be friends with everyone and still run your business as a business. You have to make a profit if you want to stay around a long time. Many years it killed us to raise prices but it had to be done because of our material costs going up. But I would not change a thing that we did. Miki and would have never met some of the nicest people from all over the world if not for TFR. What other group of people would stand out in a field in temps that range from 0-115 degrees and have fun and jump to help someone if asked or needed. TRA and NAR flyers are a special group of people.
Thanks to all

All I can really say is Thanks, Tim, for pushing the envelope and bringing F/G to the masses. I ll be ordering parts once I'm back home for the scratcher pile. Wishing you and your 'posse' another 10 (hell-make it 100!) years of success!

Back