Saturn 1B lower tank shroud - 3D printed available on Etsy

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vcp

Reaction score
https://www.etsy.com/listing/177249665/saturn-1b-lower-tank-fairing-3d-print?ref=shop_home_active_1

This printed fairing replaces the notoriously difficult paper shroud on the Semroc Saturn 1B kit.
  • eliminates the spacer strips and fairing supports
  • shoulder support for the top edge of the lower tail ring
  • printed in white ABS plastic
  • can be cut in half for installation on assembled model

Gary (more printed rocketry items to come soon)

Semroc3.jpg

Semroc2.jpg

Semroc1.jpg

Link says item already sold. When will more become available?

Can item be back orderd?

Can item be back orderd?

I'm not totally sure how Etsy works yet; it should be available now and I'll try to be sure it stays in stock.

Thanks,

Gary

Can item be back orderd?

I'm not totally sure how Etsy works yet; it should be available now and I'll try to be sure it stays in stock.

Thanks,

Gary

You can just set the quantity available to whatever number you are comfortable making, be it 1 or 100. The listing will stay up until you have sold that many, and only charge you the .20 listing fee for each one you sell.

In case you do decide to make a part for the 1/100 scale Saturn 1B, it uses a Semroc ST-27014 body tube for the bottom tube (ID 2.674", OD 2.700"), and BT-19 body tubes for the eight tank tubes (ID 0.674" and OD 0.700").

Have you gotten the mass yet on a finished part?

I've recently moved, and quite a few things are temporarily missing in action, including my gram scale. But the software says it should be about 15 grams, for the fairing and shoulder, total.

You can just set the quantity available to whatever number you are comfortable making, be it 1 or 100. The listing will stay up until you have sold that many, and only charge you the .20 listing fee for each one you sell.

Thanks, I wondered - I still haven't had time to sit down and do up a shop right. Hoping I can get my wife interested in handling it.

In case you do decide to make a part for the 1/100 scale Saturn 1B, it uses a Semroc ST-27014 body tube for the bottom tube (ID 2.674", OD 2.700"), and BT-19 body tubes for the eight tank tubes (ID 0.674" and OD 0.700").

All of the models I do are parametric - I should be able to just plug in the numbers and get something pretty close. I'll work on it.

Back