What's up hobbies new polecat kits?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like all the same old Polecat kits that have always been there. Am I missing something?

Yeah I see nothing is available but it must be soon there was never so many kits. I never saw a 10 inch Saturn V. Or a 10"V2

Mosquito is nice. Mine has 3 flights on it. It flies great.

I aslo have a 10" Nike Smoke. It is my favorite.

I spoke with Jack out there several months ago and he said he was intending to crank the kit production back up in November. Looks like it's becoming a reality! I have a 10" Thumper already but I'll be snatching up a Wocket as soon as they are available!

I spoke with Jack out there several months ago and he said he was intending to crank the kit production back up in November. Looks like it's becoming a reality! I have a 10" Thumper already but I'll be snatching up a Wocket as soon as they are available!
I noticed too no kits are available.
You say November; is that 2014 November?
I've wanted to build a larger Bull Pup, I've got the 4" now. If I can find a nose cone I may scratch build either a 7.5" or 10".
If I build one it may never fly, I just like the looks of the Bull Pup.
The kits are nice but the cost is a bit overboard, if one can get a nose cone at a decent price.
If anybody has a source for a Bull Pup nose cone please send me a private message.

JP

I saw Jack a few weeks ago along with boxes and boxes of airframe tubing. Hopefully production will be in operational mode before flying season.

John

I saw Jack a few weeks ago along with boxes and boxes of airframe tubing. Hopefully production will be in operational mode before flying season.

John
That's great news Johnly!
The airframe tubing on Polecats are really nice, much better than I could do, without making a large mess and sanding for days!
I may just wait it out, save a few bucks and get the larger Bull Pup kit.
Thanks.

JP

I need a 5.5 Mercury Redstone Tower. They're not making them anymore. Anyone got one to sell?

That's great news Johnly!
The airframe tubing on Polecats are really nice, much better than I could do, without making a large mess and sanding for days!
I may just wait it out, save a few bucks and get the larger Bull Pup kit.
Thanks.

JP

It's nice that the airframe comes pre-glassed, but if I wanted it to look as nice as possible I would fill it with thinned bondo like Tom Binford did on his big deuces wild.

I only had one complaint about my now deceased 5.5" Nike Smoke, and that was that the cardboard used for the electronics bay loved to peel and bundle up. I had to keep pulling layers off of it to get it in the tube. That, and the fact that only one of the e-bay bulkheads was stepped to fit inside the coupler, the other just floats on the end freely. Don't get me wrong, it works, just not what I'm used to :wink:

Braden

I only had one complaint about my now deceased 5.5" Nike Smoke, and that was that the cardboard used for the electronics bay loved to peel and bundle up. I had to keep pulling layers off of it to get it in the tube.
I painted the outside of mine with a layer of Aeropoxy and then sanded it down to get it to fit. Hardened the surface... no more peeling problems.
That, and the fact that only one of the e-bay bulkheads was stepped to fit inside the coupler, the other just floats on the end freely.
Glue it! It's a fat coupler that you can get your hands into, and then the end of the bay doesn't flop around/leak gas/whatever.

I added a layer of Carbon-Kevlar on the inside of my coupler and it survived an end-over-end freefall onto playa from a couple thousand feet. I'm building a new 5.5" Nike booster with a 98 hole, and I fully expect it to work just fine for that too. Definitely a sweet kit.

I added a later of fiberglass with aeropoxy and held it in place with a big baloon.

I added a layer of Carbon-Kevlar on the inside of my coupler and it survived an end-over-end freefall onto playa from a couple thousand feet.

My 5.5 inch Nike Smoke fell from nearly 8000 ft on drogue only (main chute issue) and only picked up a few scratches. I got two more flights out of it that same day. Looking forward to the Polecats again.

I hope they bring back the Pershing II.

Later!

--Coop

Anyone have experience with the 7.5 inch Hawk? Kinda like the looks of it.

Dave

Does anyone know if you can order these kits without the fiberglass on the tubes? Does he provide a discount for doing so?

Once he's up and running, I'll ask for the official answer. May be interested in a 7.5" or 10" V2.

I order one of the kits with the fiberglass and added an extra layer. I never thought to ask about ordering it without.

Well I may order from him , took him a 20mins or so to respond . He said working on them now and should be released in a month .so good deal . Would like his worket . Very cool

Subscribing...There should definitely be a Mercury Redstone in my future. I don't own any of his kits yet, but they certainly seem like a bargain!

Cheers,
Michael

I just noticed that his 5.5 " goblin is not scaled right 14" x 4 (400%) scale is 56" not his 36" or so ? Why is it upscale of a different kit number ?

Morning all! Excited to announce that all Polecat kits are back in production! The site should be up soon and kits should be in stock by early Spring. Feel free to email me directly if you have questions [email protected]

Back