what are you flying at thunder struck

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chris m

Reaction score
I'm bring out
Mega,Hi Flyer 6xl j600 should have done 54mm
XS 38mm 2grain
Evil minion
Evil minon 2 on a J
Star f-H
Wild child
Jart
Ez I65 drag race
BLU - 97B still in design 38mm
Hoping for the 6" goblin to be ready 38 and 54mm
Mega skeeter 24,29mm
Custom equnox built 29mm
Lot of Estes kits

I am bringing:
RW Formula 150 - 75MM
Custom RW Formula 98 extended - 98 MM
Scratch built 8 inch Sabb RB05A - 98MM
Scratch Built 8 inch Hermes - 98MM
A few more 5 and 6 inch scratch rockets
If, I can fit them in a couple of 4 inch 75 MM

I'll be bringing:
Pair of boots,
1/2" drive socket,
9/16" drive socket,
Wire stripper's,
Tape,
Sand paper,
My right fore finger,
and Icy Hot, so that after working all week end loading and launching your rocket's I can take care of my aching back.

And I'll be bringing some Salsa Music for the PA. The Wildman insists on it.

Last edited:
I will be helping as well, be there to help set up and take down . Doing what ever is needed

I'll be bringing:
Pair of boots,
1/2" drive socket,
9/16" drive socket,
Wire stripper's,
Tape,
Sand paper,
My right fore finger,
and Icy Hot, so that after working all week end loading and launching your rocket's I can take care of my aching back.

Signed up for a couple of shifts, already, and willing to assist where needed.

I am bringing:
RW Formula 150 - 75MM
Custom RW Formula 98 extended - 98 MM
Scratch built 8 inch Sabb RB05A - 98MM
Scratch Built 8 inch Hermes - 98MM
A few more 5 and 6 inch scratch rockets
If, I can fit them in a couple of 4 inch 75 MM

That is one nice list right thar!!!!!

(I'm busy building for LDRS :gavel: and haven't thought of what I'm brining for TS5... )

IMAG1769.jpg2013-12-28-13-15-19--1791589292.jpeg now put them together . Asked mark if he can make the vinyl for the eye and mean teeth

4" Photon Probe upscale (54mm) - Going for Level 2 with this flight on a CTI K260 longburn
vinyl 1.jpg

4" Frenzy (54mm)
King Kraken dual deploy (38mm)
G-Force (29mm)
Interceptor-G (29mm)

And I'll be helping with the 2nd flight of the full scale Patriot Missile.

Last edited:
Mark sent me a draft of the eyes for the minon . Will get the vinyl for the Blu -97 there as well after I get the tube and check the diameter

5 inch JART.. Woket.. Darkstar 4... Gizmo XL... Hopefully X15...

Planning on hauling one Big, Honkin, Red, White, and Black Monster for the SCAM gang for the beast's encore flight on a P, along with all the gear and possibly our unistrut pad.

Probably the wife's 5" DD Jart (if we get the DD addition done). On what... Hmmm, what would Tim have?
Maybe her 3" Darkstar if we ever build it.

A number of the 12 yr old daughter's Wildman mini's, her pink flamed on black Drago, and Wild Child of course. She'd kill me if I'd leave them behind. (Then again... Extortion!) :mad:

For me? Not sure as the above looks like I'll be busy enough... But I'm going to have a blast!!!

Last edited:
Possible fleet.. I hadn't really thought about it much.
3Demon Fire
Norad
Mutant Mustang (stretched out, chopped up, and dual deploy hack of a mustang)
Badazz MKIII
Estes Ventris
Some scratch built MPR models (vagabruiser, try trident again...)
L2 rocket, which I am still waiting on a launch with clear skies and little wind to test (and weather to paint)
For night launch I have a scratch built saucer and a canted tube twister.
If I have time to build and paint over spring break then I will probably have a Lil Rascal SE, Pirahna, and Squat.

Planning on hauling one Big, Honkin, Red, White, and Black Monster for the SCAM gang for the beast's encore flight on a P, along with all the gear and possibly our unistrut pad.

Probably the wife's 5" DD Jart (if we get the DD addition done). On what... Hmmm, what would Tim have?
Maybe her 3" Darkstar if we ever build it.

A number of the 12 yr old daughter's Wildman mini's, her pink flamed on black Drago, and Wild Child of course. She'd kill me if I'd leave them behind. (Then again... Extortion!) :mad:

For me? Not sure as the above looks like I'll be busy enough... But I'm going to have a blast!!!

What day are you planning on flying the Patriot? What kind of P will it be flying on? Never been to Thunderstruck and never seen a P motor. Since I'm moving back to Cincinnati from California next month I would like to change that.

Assuming I have a job after I move and can afford flying something I hope to put my Eagle Claw up on a KBA K750 and probably fly some other H-J motors. At the very least I'm coming out to watch. Midwest launches rock!!!

I think it's just the I 65 motor . Think anything would be up to you . But will let bob say what's what

Getting the sticker shock order figured out . Emails back and fourth . Evil minon will be very cool . Will take days for me to put the hair on the nose cone .

What day are you planning on flying the Patriot? What kind of P will it be flying on? Never been to Thunderstruck and never seen a P motor. Since I'm moving back to Cincinnati from California next month I would like to change that.

Welcome back to the Midwest!

You'll love Thunderstruck. It's a super launch. And MidWest Power in the fall is not too much further West.

The plans for which day we'll fly the Patriot haven't been set yet, but my guess is that'll we'll shoot for Saturday, watch the weather, and adjust the day if necessary. Last year, we switched to Friday at the last moment due to the forecast. So nothing is set in stone yet. The planned motor is a CTI P8000, like last year. We still have our flight paper work to get approved, so even the motor isn't 100% for sure yet.

For those that haven't seen it yet...

IMG_6428.jpg

Hope to see you there!

- 3" IQSY Tomahawk on an L935 IMAX
- RW Formula 75
- Scratch built AMRAAM

Welcome back to the Midwest!

You'll love Thunderstruck. It's a super launch. And MidWest Power in the fall is not too much further West.

The plans for which day we'll fly the Patriot haven't been set yet, but my guess is that'll we'll shoot for Saturday, watch the weather, and adjust the day if necessary. Last year, we switched to Friday at the last moment due to the forecast. So nothing is set in stone yet. The planned motor is a CTI P8000, like last year. We still have our flight paper work to get approved, so even the motor isn't 100% for sure yet.

For those that haven't seen it yet...

View attachment 159997

Hope to see you there!

Now that's a motor and a rocket I don't want to miss! I'm probably only going to be able to attend Sat/Sun so hopefully it flies then.

MWP is my favorite launch. I've only been twice(07/08), but hope to be back this year. Looking forward to Thunderstruck.

I'll be bringing: Icy Hot, so that after working all week end loading and launching your rocket's I can take care of my aching back.

I'll be flying an "Orange Vest" Saturday Night and, all day Sunday along with my friend "Mixmaster Grand Patriarch" woooork'n the *tables* too keep you jiggy Jive Turkeys happy all weekend long.:cool:

Someones got too do it......;) Rich is probably going to have too take a big *Whizzola* now and, then.....perfect time too step up to mic and, inflict some off color humor....

Until i get tackled and, gagged! :grin:

This event is for you guys and, we aim too please....Midwest power is where the "Anger becomes real".....Got alot of evil ideas for then.

Now, if you haven't already started: Start building #@$% too impress! "I WANT NAPALM AND, I WANT IT NOW!"

Salsa Music :eek: :confused: :D

I will be flying for the first time my new KillBill rocket. It will have up to 7 seven altimeter initiated events. Shelter the kids and tie up the dogs. The Bride will get her revenge. Featuring the almost Crazy 88 motor mount and hattori hanzo fins.
kill_bill.jpg

Last edited:
Cool! For some reason kinda partial to Uma Thurman.

Sent from my iPhone using Rocketry Forum

EZI instigation. Any EZI65 kit bought from me or anyone else. Modifications to kit are ok. launch rail buttons cool, dual deploy no problem. I will go old school myself.
Mr. Bob

Back