what are you flying at thunder struck

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was a great two days and a number of great launches. However, when I got home, sitting in the car for 2 hours didn't help at all. I certainly echo the sore comments.

Looking forward to next year!

One of my fav's Jason and Sather's AT M1939 Drag Race

033.jpg

I think it was Paul Wolak's (sp?) huge two stage Wac Corporal M to M

010.JPG

012.JPG

Wildman's V2 with a little motor trouble...

014.JPG

CTI L910 Jart drag race
015.JPG

Last edited:
Had a great time! Nice seeing and chatting with a few of you. For the most part, I was busy flying more than anything. Seven flights Saturday and one on Sunday.

Thanks for all the hard work!

It was nice to have a few nice days , wish I had more time to run around and meet people I only know from here . The super evil minon is being taken a part and redone . After re reading some reports and getting some very helpful comments from everyone . I didn't take it as a failure just a small set back . It is 1.5-3 time diameter but I did it as air frame length . So much smaller fins and a lot of nose weight ( after fins are done ) after this is done and is right will do a 54mm SEM. But the I280 was a cool motor for it . Next a j sparky mwp12

Want to say a big thanks to everyone that put on thunderstruck this year. Great field, great people, always a good time. Flew some grown up rockets on Saturday and kids rockets all day Sunday. You guys really know how to do it. Can't wait til next year.

Jason
I did get my rocket fix on Sat. Went to Bong for the College launch there was about 25 teams. Some very interesting flights for the most part the kids did very well. A few recovery problems. What motor was the WM V2 using? the one that let go on the rail.

Thanks to everyone who showed up*, getting to see some old friends, make some new friends and seeing some awesome flights makes it worth the work! What a great weekend, Friday exclude, although it was great in other ways.

We did find a Kindle at the field. If you lost one contact Curtis Reynolds [email protected] he will make arrangements for its return.

*Except for the one that didn't clean up after themselves. You left toys, candy wrappers, drink cans and bottles. We can only use these fields if the owners allow us. Not cleaning up after yourself is a quick way to lose the privilege of flying here. We clean up other peoples trash, not make more-that somebody else had to clean up.

Jason
I did get my rocket fix on Sat. Went to Bong for the College launch there was about 25 teams. Some very interesting flights for the most part the kids did very well. A few recovery problems. What motor was the WM V2 using? the one that let go on the rail.
The one that failed was an M2250, the one that worked and flew the V2 perfectly was an L910. This is a great rocket. Can't wait to sees. Bunch of them...has there ever been a V2 drag race? I'm sure there will be one soon.

Thanks to everyone who showed up*, getting to see some old friends, make some new friends and seeing some awesome flights makes it worth the work! What a great weekend, Friday exclude, although it was great in other ways.

We did find a Kindle at the field. If you lost one contact Curtis Reynolds [email protected] he will make arrangements for its return.

*Except for the one that didn't clean up after themselves. You left toys, candy wrappers, drink cans and bottles. We can only use these fields if the owners allow us. Not cleaning up after yourself is a quick way to lose the privilege of flying here. We clean up other peoples trash, not make more-that somebody else had to clean up.

THANK YOU Richard and all the Indiana Rocketry crew for putting on a first class event! Really enjoyed our short stay there; wish we could've been around on Sunday, but Saturday was a blast, and well, Friday was a good chance to catch up with friends, build a Jart, and have a few drinks!

Photos coming in the near future!

-Eric-

Had a great time. Just wish I brought my awning or sunscreen.
Mr. Bob
Starlight Dude
Countyline Cycles and Hobbies
574-767-0660

I will address this one later on in my post...:mad:

has there ever been a V2 drag race? I'm sure there will be one soon.

Yes, there has. I remember years ago that some Polecat/Public Enemy Missiles/Loc Precision,......V2's could be found going at it out in the deserts of the South West......Your going to see another resurgence very shortly with the addition of *Wildmeister's* new kit."Born from someone (Reeser) who came from previously said area of the world...";)

First off i would like too thank each and, everyone of you who came out to our event this weekend and, made it such a great success....barring the weather on Friday!:D

Without you.....We are just a small club with some equipment and, an empty field....

YOU...make the history, the stories, the legends to be, and, our success.....reality.

*Big Time Thank-You's*

To ALL of our vendors for making the trip and, selling your goods to keep everyone/everything running so smoothly for all our rocketeers today and, tomorrow.

The Setup/Teardown/Volunteer crew/club members for all your unselfish behind the scenes work....to make it work. Some of you, i may not know your names but, i/WE really appreciate all your help.

Barry and, Virginia McCabe (who really do not fly much) For ALL that they do....year in and, out....behind the scenes too make the show run so smoothly....They bring out TWO trailers of their equipment EVERY year just to set up the show.

*Personal Thank-you's*

Johnny D. of Marsa (The BEST Altimeters out there) for taking the time to answer my questions and, helping me prepare for a serious thumping of Kansas soil latter this year.

John O (Your son kept me running ragged out to the Estes pads ALL DAY LONG!) for the *new parts* that i've been looking for.....for some time.
When you get "Rocket Bling" set-up, i'll be the first in line....Good thinkers are a dime a dozen......Good thinkers and, fabricators are worth their weight in gold....

Gary K. Thank-you for the kind comments.:eek: It's nice too know that i make some people laugh....now and, then!:D That Tiger Stripe *House of Kolor* paintjob is UNBELIEVABLE!!!:p

Preston....My good friend....Thank-you for the fresh Cheese Curds!

Carl..."Team Enerjet" for all his help getting parts run to the University of Louisville team through us at the LCO table....Thanks for your unselfish help!

Whoever assisted the University of Louisville team with their core sample project and, ran the bottle water out to them....
These young men and, woman are going to do well once they regroup.....they showed that they have alot of determination yesterday and, they will no doubt be ready to put on a good flight at USLI.....

Good Luck my friends!:)

*Moments too cherish......uh...moments....*

Mike L....Your daughter ALSO ran me ragged trying to out do Brandon Gross's one day best of flights...She is a real sweetheart..."You GO Girl!"

Reeser....I know this is your last Thunderstruck for awhile but, thanks for the *memorable* Frank Kosdon story...

Jim Scarpine....Thanks for letting me knock the rust off of "Rusty the Rocket Retriever" by pulling you out of a hole....and, for my head hitting the windshield when you applied the AIR BRAKES!:no: The Tower stops NOT the Tow'e when pulling one out of previously said hole. Your always welcome here Trucker!;)

All the members of Indiana Rocketry and, the Chicago Rocket Mafia for the dedication *Stunt* on Sunday morning....Sather? I learned latter that i absolutely covered you in "Peeps"...

Sorry for that.

Remember everyone MUM'S the word here.:no:

Somewhere at 45,000' over the Pacific Ocean our friend Claude is sitting with a small bag of peanuts and, a mini Coke on his fold down tray...trying to get back home to the USA....May your flight go well and, we will see you soon in a field of dreams/schemes and, sometimes screams!:surprised:

I would highly recommend that you reserve a copy of the event on Blu-Ray from our Video Dude.....Oh honorable Don Claude.

To the TOP again.....:point:

What Richard said......SOMEONE.....is going too get a talking to.....
That will NEVER happen again....
On Sunday, i brought my own trash can and, three bags.....Respect the land/landowners and, us.....or go somewhere else.
This will NOT happen again.

Other than that, i had a great time. I look forward too meeting all of you down the road of life and, patiently await the day i do......:sigh:

Bless you all and, take care!

Gus.

First and foremost, a heartfelt Thank you to the crew that put on the launch. Love our friends at Indiana Rocketry; thanks for the warm welcome and the great launch!:handshake:

Preface: I'm not the best photographer, I was there for a limited time, and part of that time was with camera in hand. I took photos of what I could. Enjoy!

Thursday Evening:
I judged an event in Milwaukee, WI on Thursday afternoon; so we left from there and arrived in Lafayette around midnight. We stopped somewhere in between for a unique meal. Not wanting McD's or similar, I saw a place called "YOU MUST EAT.....BARBECUE" somewhere between Chicago and Gary, maybe in IL, maybe in IN. We had turkey tips, a brisket sandwich, and used the restroom, not necessarily in that order. The modest restroom contained a semi-literate sign that I found amusing.

004_zps5e643e83.jpg

Friday
When the clouds came up on Friday morning, we found ourselves in the wetlands of Indiana. The corner of N475E and E1300S was a good example of the conditions: flooded and sufficient wind to produce white-caps in the mini lakes.

011_zps463f1d7a.jpg

We moped around the launchsite and visited for a while before leaving to check up on a lost Gizmo from TS4. Before leaving, the Wildman handed me a 4" Jart; I didn't ask for it, I didn't (haven't yet) paid for it, it was just handed to me...interesting sales tactic!:rolleyes:

After a mile walk through a bit of muck, we were awarded with the booster of the Gizmo; though the cone and chute were still in the tree, it was nice to get the booster, motor hardware, tracker, and altimeter back!

015_zps67e5364a.jpg

018_zps63e7d430.jpg

The remainder of Friday was spent prepping, eating Shewman, drinking (some more than others:p), and speed building 4" Jarts.

Bag:
019_zps9cc67305.jpg

Bathed:
020_zps6350d815.jpg

Build:
021_zpsc3ae38b2.jpg

Enough babbling, let's fly some rockets, shall we?

Saturday

The forecast for the remainder of the weekend was far more promising than the monsoon on Friday. Thus, early on, a young gentleman had the first flight of Thundermuck 5 by launching an Estes bird on some trusty black powder and clay. Soon after, I flew the venerable Loc Magnum on a Kosdon K777 Fast 75-2G load; nearly a full K motor. It took the 5.5" bird to 5800'.

076_zps3370775c.jpg

And recovered gently out in the field. Thought it would be an easy recovery.
077_zpse6d2a492.jpg

Thought wrong. Really tough to get out of there alive.:y:

78_zps6156f26a.jpg

79_zpsd51aea8e.jpg

I made it back to the range just before Carl VanCamp vaulted his L3 bird, a 6" Ultimate Dark Star on the mighty N10,000 VMax. Rod whipped her to the East a bit, but cool nonetheless!

082_zps66d32884.jpg

Tim Dixon followed soon after with his Loc 429SS powered by a pair of H238T's on the pad airstarting G138T's if I remember correct. A nice boost, a long delay, and then the airstarts which took the bird to the East a bit. Cool flight!

085_zps439a48c2.jpg

Speaking of airstarts, John Gaskill launched his Cluster F*ck on a lot of motors. Something like a K1100T off the pad, followed a coast and then two white motors, followed by another coast and another pair of white motors. Kick @ass; love airstarted clusters:

093_zps4153af96.jpg

On the same rack, Preston Nobile flew a trusty Comp4 on his first 3" sparky; a 3 grain L6something (am I close?). Sweet motor Preston; sweet flight!
090_zps5bef4791.jpg

...to be continued...

Last edited:
We had a real nice time. We ran into some challenges this year but did get in a few good flights.
My flying buddy (Squeak) drove down from Ontario and twisted the HE double toothpicks out of his ankle. More to the story as to how were are getting him home and what not….But.. its not broke so we are good to go.

See ya next year and thanks to all "David much thanks for your time on the mic and service to the club" too!

BTY.. the PML Endeavor does not like a J570..lol (SHRED)

100_5997.jpg

100_6001.jpg

100_5982.jpg

Saturday continued:

Back at the range, I thought my Dad Tom would be ready with one of his birds. He seemed comfortable, and told me to go lose my newly finished Green Mamba, so I worked at that goal.

The big snake weighed in around 34 pounds on the pad, all loaded up with a Sconnie M794 Superballs moonburner.

On the pad:
94a_zps02cb0bd2.jpg

94b_zpsb0e0d39d.jpg

She left the pad slow, but steady; lots of fin area there!:cyclops:
095_zps051ceef6.jpg

Gaining momentum:
096_zpsab009ec7.jpg

On her way to 21,682'; a solid 300' under the waiver:
097_zps05cc6b79.jpg

I was happy and relieved to see it; about 1.7 miles out near the kink in N500E:
97a_zpsaf70a5fa.jpg

All strung out:
97b_zps4ab70703.jpg

Back at the range getting a tan: thank you Dennis for not stealing my snake rocket!:wink:
97c_zps8b9fefcd.jpg

Enough with the mf snakes on this mf range. After driving to Ohio looking for I-65S, fellow Man-ih-two-wok-ian JimZ flew his AT WartHog on an F motor. It went missing until a kind rocketeer turned it in to the RSO.
098_zps339612fb.jpg

Then, Jackson and Judy Lubin put up their 6" Ultimate Dark Star on a wicked green N motor. Very nice flight!!!:clap:

099_zpsb4cc3641.jpg

102_zpsc9a17ae3.jpg

101_zps80cb14d6.jpg

In the early afternoon, the three Wildman KY 5" Super Jart drag racers went to the "E" bank along with Tim Lehr and the recently introduced 6" V-2.

105_zps5b1700ec.jpg

Tim went first; the M2250 melted the newly minted V-2 for some reason:

104_zpscff72f53.jpg

And then the Super Jarts took to the skies on CTI L910 C-Stars! Nice motor:rocket combo! Darryl's flew well but landed in a tree (recovered by Darryl and TomC), Jason's kicked arse, and mine only went 4238' for some reason. My luck with TS events has always Thunderstunk; this was no exception.:eek:

Leaving the pad; hmmm looks like a big Patriot in the background:

106_zpscc5cee0a.jpg

See, it has fins!

107_zpse02a19f8.jpg

Those crazy Hoosiers were back with their full scale Patriot again! It ascended beautifully!!!

110_zps8ac71439.jpg

114_zps10743d42.jpg

117_zps0b0598ae.jpg

120_zps3949e919.jpg

Apogee event was perfect, though the main wasn't able to free itself from the deployment bag resulting in some damage. Really sweet flight though!!!:horse:

...to be continued...

Last edited:
Here are a couple of that beautiful tiger stripe that Gary K flew. It's an honor to be in a club with a man of his talents and devotion to our hobby.
Gary2.jpg
Gary4.jpg
Thanks, Gary for mentoring both of my children. They each achieved L1 this weekend with your guidance.
Chelsea L1.jpg
Chelsea with "mis-yur-cow" It's French!
Jared L1.jpg
Jared with his Wild Thing Jr.
This was a dream weekend for me. My kids got welcomed into High Power by a great group of folks who could not have been better hosts. I was able to get L1 and L2 in one day myself. Both with a Wild Man.
Tom L1_1.jpg
Tom L2.jpg
Huge thanks to Indiana Rocketry for all you did and continue to do.
Thanks again to Gary and all of Prairie State Rocketry for all their advice and patience.
And as always, thanks to God for the beauty of this earth, the friends He has given me and the weekend we all shared.

Awesome photo's Eric!:D Great stories behind them all!

Grim? Sorry too hear about "Squeak" getting damaged.....been there......ouch.....He'll be ok in week or two...:eek:

Why do i have a feeling that the parts from that INCREDIBLE full scale Patriot *may* find their way into another design....not so long from now:confused:

Giant V-2:confused:

Ausgezeichnet!:eek:

I know! Mass V-2 Drag Race next year.....Or maybe at Midwest Power....which ever comes first?:rolleyes:

Eric it was an L625 sparky but close enough, just glad it worked!! Nice pics!

First and foremost, a heartfelt Thank you to the crew that put on the launch. Love our friends at Indiana Rocketry; thanks for the warm welcome and the great launch!:handshake:

Preface: I'm not the best photographer, I was there for a limited time, and part of that time was with camera in hand. I took photos of what I could. Enjoy!

Thursday Evening:
I judged an event in Milwaukee, WI on Thursday afternoon; so we left from there and arrived in Lafayette around midnight. We stopped somewhere in between for a unique meal. Not wanting McD's or similar, I saw a place called "YOU MUST EAT.....BARBECUE" somewhere between Chicago and Gary, maybe in IL, maybe in IN. We had turkey tips, a brisket sandwich, and used the restroom, not necessarily in that order. The modest restroom contained a semi-literate sign that I found amusing.

004_zps5e643e83.jpg

Friday
When the clouds came up on Saturday morning, we found ourselves in the wetlands of Indiana. The corner of N475E and E1300S was a good example of the conditions: flooded and sufficient wind to produce white-caps in the mini lakes.

011_zps463f1d7a.jpg

We moped around the launchsite and visited for a while before leaving to check up on a lost Gizmo from TS4. Before leaving, the Wildman handed me a 4" Jart; I didn't ask for it, I didn't (haven't yet) paid for it, it was just handed to me...interesting sales tactic!:rolleyes:

After a mile walk through a bit of muck, we were awarded with the booster of the Gizmo; though the cone and chute were still in the tree, it was nice to get the booster, motor hardware, tracker, and altimeter back!

015_zps67e5364a.jpg

018_zps63e7d430.jpg

The remainder of Friday was spent prepping, eating Shewman, drinking (some more than others:p), and speed building 4" Jarts.

Bag:
019_zps9cc67305.jpg

Bathed:
020_zps6350d815.jpg

Build:
021_zpsc3ae38b2.jpg

Enough babbling, let's fly some rockets, shall we?

Saturday

The forecast for the remainder of the weekend was far more promising than the monsoon on Friday. Thus, early on, a young gentlemen had the first flight of Thundemuck 5 by launching an Estes bird on some trusty black powder and clay. Soon after, I flew the trusty Loc Magnum on a Kosdon K777 Fast 75-2G load; nearly a full K motor. It took the 5.5" bird to 5800'.

076_zps3370775c.jpg

And recovered gently out in the field. Thought it would be an easy recovery.
077_zpse6d2a492.jpg

Thought wrong. Really tough to get out of there alive.:y:

78_zps6156f26a.jpg

79_zpsd51aea8e.jpg

I made it back to the range just before Carl VanCamp vaulted his L3 bird, a 6" Ultimate Dark Star on the mighty N10,000 VMax. Rod whipped her to the East a bit, but cool nonetheless!

082_zps66d32884.jpg

Tim Dixon followed soon after with his Loc 429SS powered by a pair of H238T's on the pad airstarting G138T's if I remember correct. A nice boost, a long delay, and then the airstarts which took the bird to the East a bit. Cool flight!

085_zps439a48c2.jpg

Speaking of airstarts, John Gaskill launched his Cluster F*ck on a lot of motors. Something like a K1100T off the pad, followed a coast and then two white motors, followed by another coast and another pair of white motors. Kick @ass; love airstarted clusters:

093_zps4153af96.jpg

On the same rack, Preston Nobile flew a trusty Comp4 on his first 3" sparky; a 3 grain L6something (am I close?). Sweet motor Preston; sweet flight!
090_zps5bef4791.jpg

...to be continued...

Alex Z's rocket on the new Gorilla O sparky.....sweet motor

019.jpg

My Broken Arrow XP 4in on an EX L983 Redneck

022.jpg

My Formula 150 on an AMW M1850GG

025.jpg

4in Jart's on the new CTI long burn J skidmark

035.jpg

My Dominator 4 on an EX L830 White

039.jpg

I'll try and dig up some more later....

The bottom pic was of the Jart CTI L910 drag race

Attachments

• 015.JPG
    015.JPG
    86.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Thanks Gus; missed you on Fri/Sat buddy; hope to see you at the Memorial weekend QCRS launch! Thanks Preston and Grim; always great to see you both!

Saturday continued

Easing into the afternoon, Tom Cayemberg flew his 4" Mad Dog Black Ice on a 54-2550 cased L900 Superballs. Nice flight, though the camera hiccuped and missed the launch shot. Greg Olson's Gizmo waiting with an Aerotech 54mm J on the next pad over.

125_zpse0ed622a.jpg

JimZ flew a Gary Pletzer manufactured Wildman Junior on a smoky motor:

126_zps5460e938.jpg

Kevin Cayemberg flew his 5.5" Loc Phoenix on an L1410 Skid for an awesome first flight. I was walking across a mile of mud (literally) when it launched, so no flight pics. Though we did find Alex's booster by the road; and I found my 5" Jart, a 3" Dark Star, and a Comp4-ish looking rocket (unless I was hallucinating...very possible at the time) on the walk back to the range head.

127_zpsa6ab1809.jpg

When I got 3/4 of the way back from the mud run, Steve and Mack were readying Steve's Mongoose 98 on the tower at the far pad. Lots of miles traveled to get this pair to Ash Grove, Indiana! And congrats to the g/f's Dad (name escapes me) on the L1 and L2 flights!!!!

128_zpscc75236b.jpg

Steve-O's rocket flew quite well to around 16,0000' on a 98-4G Sconnie M1800. It recovered a ways down range without issue just off the road! Great effort Steve; happy to team up with you, and always good to see you buddy!

129_zps9d6d72d2.jpg

133_zps574143cd.jpg

Tom Cayemberg's 3" Wildman White Hawk was up next with an AMW/Pro-X K610 Skid. A nice straight boost from a titanium belching nozzle took the bird to respectable heights, followed by another gentle recovery not far off the main road.

138_zps01a9cae8.jpg

143_zpsd6654cfc.jpg

AMW King Preston Nobile returned to the pads with his Formula 150 on an AMW 75-6000 M1850 Green Gorilla. Gotta love these classic AMW loads!!! AMW's green can be hard to light and this was no exception; but a triple fold Firestar augmented with scrap propellant got her going after a big thumping chuff.

151_zps0b52bf27.jpg

153_zps1a4b7211.jpg

154_zps5e55e49a.jpg

Kevin C later returned to the pads with this extended Minie Magg with a 54mm hole. Loaded with a C slot K185W, it burned forever and flew a lot higher than the Minie Maggs I'm used to.

164_zps1d4f9468.jpg

Energizer Bunny impression:

165_zpsa02fb279.jpg

Safe landing on the road:

173_zps1c9d9756.jpg

Let's finish up this post with some drag racing!

First up, the most beautiful drag race I've witnessed in a long time! As the most excellent LCO Mr. David Reese put it: the M1939W is classic; this was THE motor for L3 certs when the 3 level cert program came into being. Truly a baby N, the Aerotech 1939 is my personal favorite commercial M motor; the smoke, fury, blinding fire, and longish burn are simply spectacular. Put two of them next to each other and push the button on them at the same time, and you have quite a spectacle.

Dubbed something like The More Ultimate than You Drag, Sather Ranum pitted his Ultimate Wildman against Jason Griffin's Ultimate Dark Star. Lighting simultaneously and crossing paths, the only question was "Who's on Top?".

Light those candles!

156_zps4b30effb.jpg

Zumba

157_zps8d82c05b.jpg

158_zps4b8e964e.jpg

Comin' for you!

159_zps00e75fa5.jpg

Jason's on top

160_zps7ab472d2.jpg

Jason and Sather: thank you for sharing that with us; fruiting awesome gents!!!

Late in the day on Saturday, we convened once again for another drag race. I was tired, weary, halfway packed up, (nearly had a) beer in hand (thanks Greg, Joe, Dennis), when Wildman crawled out of the cave to declare the 4" Jart drag. After building it the night before, it was decided that I might as well fly it. Prepped with a new breed of CTI: a moonburner Skidmark J115 that fits the 54-2G case, three Jart dragsters showed up to play: the famed Wildman himself: Mr. Tim Lehr, the Georgian Genie Crazy Jim Hendricksen, and lowly little me. Tim and Jim flew their models decked out with dual deploy; I flew mine single deploy motor eject due to time constraints. Unsure of exact CP location, a bottle of water was placed in my cone and held up top with an unharvested corn cob. The photos show that this extra nose weight was probably a bit excessive and caused a slower acceleration than the TimJim Jarts. Closing in on dusk, the trio of 4" Jarts were loaded up and raced.

I left a couple of inches of motor tube exposed to allow for Aeropack tailcone installation later on. Unsure of the exact CP, I opted to install a nose payload of one bottle of drinking water held in place with an unharvested corn cob. Therefore, my Jart came in a bit heavier than Tim & Jim's and lost the acceration race.

And go...

188_zpsae1a6945.jpg

189_zpscc811c1e.jpg

Sparkle sticks:

190_zpseaf01a3f.jpg

Tim skiddifying Jim:

191_zpsba39ae31.jpg

The motors were great; they lit in unison, provided plenty of thrust to get the glass Jarts off the pad safely, and kept on going for 7-ish seconds of spitting and sputtering Skidmark glory. Nice motors, Dr. J!

And so ends my share of the story. I would have loved to stay for Sunday's activities, but I had a date with my boys I could not break. Thanks again to Indiana Rocketry and all my rocket friends and family for making it a great weekend for us!

Sunday

No rockets, but some high horsepower hillbilly wagons with my kids!

193_zpsce7ca3b2.jpg

Thanks for looking!

-Eric-

Last edited:
Eric
Glad Jim Z had another great flight with the rocket I built. I do have a Rocketry Warehouse F150 built that I would sell to a good home if anyone is interested. Its never flew. I seem to be able to take time to build but little time to fly the bigger rockets.
Gary

Thank you Eric for the fantastic photos from Saturday! I didn't take nearly as many as I usually do since I was so busy directing traffic up at the LCO desk :) I'll post the ones I have when things get back to normal speed around here...

Thanks to everyone who came to the event. I had a great time on the mic, and it was really nice to hang out with the whole crew again. And thank you so much to the Indiana Rocketry folks who gave me the certificate of appreciation and lifetime membership... I've only been a small part of what the club has become. You all are what make Indiana Rocketry what it is! It truly is an honor to fly with such a great group of people. Midwest rocketeers know how to have fun no matter the event (and no matter the mud!).

Thanks for the great pics Eric. Great to see one of mine in there. I don't know how you have time to fly rockets and get so many great pics and remember all the fliers and and motor combo's.

Last edited:
Thanks for the great pics Eric. Great to see one of mine in there. I don't know how you have time to fly rockets and get so many great pics and remember all the fliers and and motor combo's.
AI. Eric is a robot. No other explanation makes sense!

Best launch ever! A big thanks to the Indiana crew for a job well done. My son and I enjoyed ourselves greatly and took in Captain America Saturday night. I had a wildly successful flight on my new Kill Bill rocket even though everything was new and I guessed at the ejection charges.

Dave and the other LCO's: great job announcing, your enthusiasm and fun approach was fantastic. The midwest and parts east are going to miss you.

And Gus, my biggest proponent, hope your project goes well in Kansas and keep me abreast all the way and let me know however I can help to make this successful (at least on the electronics end).

Best regards and I will be returning often.

--john

Thank-you John!:D Our club really appreciates your presence at our launches.....

I just have this memory of John a VERY safe distance away when i covered Sather in PEEP's residue....wouldn't want to have gotten him too!

*Once again, Sorry Sather.....:rolleyes:*

Buy the DVD Claude......

I had a wildly successful flight on my new Kill Bill rocket even though everything was new and I guessed at the ejection charges.

Hey, Kill Bill rocket was yours John?!? We were nearly parked by each other. Sorry I didn't put two and two together and come over to say hi! Thanks for answering my MARSA54 question earlier today. /Tim

Oh, and I am a Kill Bill (well Uma Thurman) fan:
ImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1396910890.010639.jpg

Hey, Kill Bill rocket was yours John?!? We were nearly parked by each other. Sorry I didn't put two and two together and come over to say hi! Thanks for answering my MARSA54 question earlier today. /Tim

Oh, and I am a Kill Bill (well Uma Thurman) fan:
View attachment 168368

Yes, she is quite Spicy for a non-Redhead!:p How's the "Hot-Tub Man" doing this morning?....(I'm going to start calling you Hot-Tub 3)
Some of us *Less unfortunate peoples* went home and, took a looooooong hot shower, covered ourselves in Icy Hot and, took some pain pills...
Those little kids have Nuclear Generators in them...:eek:

Back