what are you flying at thunder struck

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got the OK to leave work an hour early tomorrow and catch my flight HOU-IND. Land at 9:05 local time, got to get my Skyline Chili fix first and then on to West Laf. See y'all bright and early Saturday.

S

A bit off topic, but so is hot tubbin'.

Anyone interested in a 7.5" booster with a 98mm hole? A bit unconventional, but strong as ox and plenty of fin area for large diameter toppers. And the price is right, too! Must be at least L2 to "purchase".

8-20-12185.jpg

The potential hangup here is: it may not fit in our vehicle with all the other stuff. If it fits, I can bring it to TS and it's not coming back home with me. If it doesn't fit, we should have more cargo space for LDRS, MWP12, etc.

-Eric-

Forecast for ThunderStruck 5:

Friday, 4 April
High: 60°
Low: 31°
AM T-Storms / Wind
Chance of rain: 80%
Wind: WSW at 24 mph

Saturday 5 April
High: 53°
Low - 32°
Mostly Sunny
Chance of rain: 0%
Wind: NW at 9 mph

Sunday 6 April
High - 60°
Low - 45°
Mostly Cloudy
Wind: E at 7 mph

Anyone interested in a 7.5" booster with a 98mm hole? A bit unconventional, but strong as ox and plenty of fin area for large diameter toppers. And the price is right, too! Must be at least L2 to "purchase".

The potential hangup here is: it may not fit in our vehicle with all the other stuff. If it fits, I can bring it to TS and it's not coming back home with me. If it doesn't fit, we should have more cargo space for LDRS, MWP12, etc.

-Eric-

If it lasts until I see it, the price is right, and it fits in my vehicle, I am interested.

If it lasts until I see it, the price is right, and it fits in my vehicle, I am interested.

Sounds good Kevin. So long as you aren't expecting me to pay you to take it, the price is definitely right! Free to worthy contestants!;)

Sounds good Kevin. So long as you aren't expecting me to pay you to take it, the price is definitely right! Free to worthy contestants!;)

That you be a bit much to expect. See how things play out. Guessing I'd be a year or two until put to use, so not sweating it if someone else buys it. I have a similar sized 3 fin with only a 54mm. If not 2 different rockets, could be a good swappable bottom.

Forecast for ThunderStruck 5:

Friday, 4 April
High: 60°
Low: 31°
AM T-Storms / Wind
Chance of rain: 80%
Wind: WSW at 24 mph

Saturday 5 April
High: 53°
Low - 32°
Mostly Sunny
Wind: NW at 9 mph

Sunday 6 April
High - 60°
Low - 45°
Mostly Cloudy
Wind: E at 7 mph

WOW, overnight low on Saturday -32......... Ground should be plenty hard Sunday morning. :facepalm:

Already packed them!!

:eyepop:

Room for one more? I'll be there with my man-kini.

(2) 6000 liners please:D

Ditto on the weather/schedule: already have the day off, I'll be there. I'm guessing Tim will have an extra 4" Jart or two along in case there is a need to dustify the hotel room.

-Eric-

Saved a vacation day. Driving out tomorrow. Fly Sat + Sun.

Goooood!:D I finally get too meet this one they call the "Vuch"! Have a safe trip Kevin.....;)
:eyepop:

Room for one more? I'll be there with my man-kini.
-Eric-

Just bring some Cheese Curds and, no one gets hurt....

Got the OK to leave work an hour early tomorrow and catch my flight HOU-IND. Land at 9:05 local time, got to get my Skyline Chili fix first and then on to West Laf. See y'all bright and early Saturday.
S

Coming in from Honolulu! Or is that Houston;)? Have a safe flight...its going too be WELL worth it!
Yup, just bring some extra conditioner....:eek:

You need some help my friend.....:eek:

Remember ALL Chicago Rocket Mafia Members.....Please attend the Sunday morning pre-launch meeting scheduled at the LCO table, just for youse guys...

I'm going too make it well worth the walk.:p

Claude? You *may* want too reserve a copy of the Dvd....NOW!
Mums the word.....

Got your curds packed Gus......variety this time!! See ya there!

Goooood!:D I finally get too meet this one they call the "Vuch"! Have a safe trip Kevin.....;)

Just bring some Cheese Curds and, no one gets hurt....

Coming in from Honolulu! Or is that Houston;)? Have a safe flight...its going too be WELL worth it!

You need some help my friend.....:eek:

Remember ALL Chicago Rocket Mafia Members.....Please attend the Sunday morning pre-launch meeting scheduled at the LCO table, just for youse guys...

I'm going too make it well worth the walk.:p

Claude? You *may* want too reserve a copy of the Dvd....NOW!
Mums the word.....

Yep, Houston. Been meaning to make one of these for years and it seems it's my last chance to harass (or get harassed by) Reese before he heads back west. My girlfriend's dad lives in the area and I promised him I'd take him to a launch, and seeing as this is the best in Indiana, figured I had to find a way to make it work though it's inconvenient for me with my new job/location.

Look forward to seeing all my Midwest peoples.

Regards/S

8-20-12185.jpg

-Eric-

Sorry guys the big booster did not fit. Maybe next launch.

Oh well. Just stick it in a small flat rate box and send it my way. :y:

You might just have to build something with it now.

Chris-

I'll bring you 3 different 54mm reloads- CTI J244 White, an AT J275WL, and an AMW J480BB, I'll bring the matching hardware for them as well in case you don't have them. Let me know if you would like one of these.

Preston
Thanks , I got a few offers to get some . I may get some from you if I need it . Thanks again

Should have posted that I needed a 54mm J motor , but what can you do

:grin:

8-20-12185.jpg

-Eric-

I thought this had pyro plans. :grin:

...and seeing as this is the best in Indiana...

OK, you can definitely say, "the best launch in Indiana" or "the best field in Indiana" but "best in Indiana" for sure does not apply to West Lafayette and it's environs.

8-20-12185.jpg

-Eric-

What?? No Flying inflated-with-foam giant pool toy duck????????

Ghostly windmills on the way down from Chi-town. What is that--a ceiling of 500 feet?

ImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1396565945.322874.jpg

Thanks Preston , I was being funny everyone helping out and giving me some bp . So that 54mm line was to be funny hey getting black powder from people should have said I needed 54mm reloads . Bp is free so to be funny could have got some free reloads as well ( not really) yes I may need a 3 g for a rocket . I only have a 4 g and hits the av bay

The field is set up and ready to rock! Thanks to Tom McFee, Richard Cash, Bill Kincaid, Doug Jackson, Dan Schwartz, Curtis Reynolds, David Kittell (even though he punched me in the face), Don Kennedy, and the other QCRS flyer whose name slips me at the moment (I'm so sorry! :blush:) for helping us lug all the gear out into the field and get it into rocketry position.

It's muddy out there, we were debating a name change to Thundermuck. But nah, that's the weak way out. If you've got 'em, bring 'em on up!

Any chance bails of hay are going to be for sale?

Beep beep boop boop

The field is set up and ready to rock! Thanks to Tom McFee, Richard Cash, Bill Kincaid, Doug Jackson, Dan Schwartz, Curtis Reynolds, David Kittell (even though he punched me in the face), Don Kennedy, and the other QCRS flyer whose name slips me at the moment (I'm so sorry! :blush:) for helping us lug all the gear out into the field and get it into rocketry position.

It's muddy out there, we were debating a name change to Thundermuck. But nah, that's the weak way out. If you've got 'em, bring 'em on up!
Sorry I got there late ,but I can help this weekend

Checked rail clearance on the super evil minion . Looked good , bad hair day coming . That hair and mud not good

Back