what are you flying at thunder struck

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really debating whether or not I should go down tomorrow, or hold off until the weekend. Mud doesn't bother me, but those winds are killer.....

Tomorrow about all I expect to do is register, pick up a Wildman order, deliver some purchases to folks, then on the way back to the hotel pick up some "wildlife" seed for my wife (the conservationist) at the state park in Battleground. Then back at hotel prep for Sat/Sum.

yes it is nice outside and low winds . should be a lot of flying tomorrow

Hey anyone has a brb transmitter that I could borrow . I forgot to order one . I do have a GPS unit I asked to check out and can't get the driver to work . Thanks chris

Chris, I don't have a BRB, but I do have 2 trackers with me (Walston and TAGG). If I can help let me know.
-Carl

Hey anyone has a brb transmitter that I could borrow . I forgot to order one . I do have a GPS unit I asked to check out and can't get the driver to work . Thanks chris

Chris, I don't have a BRB, but I do have 2 trackers with me (Walston and TAGG). If I can help let me know.
-Carl

Sounds good , if have two receivers I don't have one . Thanks will do a rocket to about 7-8 k and wanted a tracker. Or just use a much smaller motor thanks . I'm the one with the super evil minion and the mega hi flyer . White ford ranger . See you tomorrow

Today was a bust . Nothing but a people leaving .

Don't worry Chris....they will come back....they'll come back in droves....:surprised:

*Plus, we already cashed all their registration and, T-Shirt checks.......and, THEY AIN'T GETTING A REFUND!*;)

I have this little vision in my head that tomorrow morning you will see a long line of happy people approaching the RSO table...

Man and, woman side by side, father and, child, Hot-Tub1 and, Hot-Tub2 side by side.....etc.:D

I'm sure the little campfires are burning bright in the fertile grounds around Ash Grove as the little happy rocketeers prepare for the battle too come!:D

The sounds of Kum-ba-yah softly ringing through the nights thick air......:D

Oh they'll come back.....we've got their checks.....

Be prepared for a knock down Battle Royale of Smoke and, Thunder tomorrow.....:D

Today would have been the day to have gotten ANY item needed from the Wildman traveling acceleration show.....and, wild wacky tour bus ride...If, you didn't....

Get him quick in the morning while he's STILL groggy!;)

"I love the smell of Napalm in the morning.....Smells like victory!"

See you guys soon, got too get in the truck and, make it walk and, talk tonight!

Kum-ba-yah...my lord Kum-ba-YAHHHHHHH!!!!!:eek:

Yes I was bummed to day to high wind . Have not lit any this year . I'm ready ... Got some vinyl to get dirty . And a minion to make it have a very bad hair day

Yes, everyone is squirreled up in their houses and hotel rooms prepping for a better day... Watching TV, building charges, packing chutes, etc., etc.

ImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1396661046.340369.jpg

Any dirt yet?

The critter that got home late from work and, just woke up is checking in....:eek:

Looked like a BEAUTIFUL day through the windshield of my Semi Truck....ALL MORNING LONG!:sigh:

Right now i'm *Carb Loading* in preparation for tomorrows activities....:D

Got my boxes of Doughnuts, Cupcakes and, "Cake" too.......:p

See you all there, early in the morning.....heard i have a Semi-Tractor too pull out of a mud hole......JIM!:rolleyes:

Ok...things are toooooo.....quiet.....:facepalm:

If...IF i have too patch up *another*

1. Cow Tipping incident.
2. We "borrowed" a pig and, greased it up..
3. We went down to Wolf Park and, hollowed at the moon.....all night long....with the locals...

Situation.

It's coming out of your Chicago Rocket Mafia dues next year.:no:

I'm guessing the lights are burning bright in/at the Wildman Traveling Acceleration Show on Wheels.....Just make sure the Porta-Pots stay upright.

Yeah, but the forecast for tomorrow is AWESOME.

And it truly was! Gus, we missed you. Here is a teaser photo of the "You Are Ultimately Better Than Me" Drag M1939 race from Saturday.

IMG_5107_2.jpg

Threw up a quick and dirty video of the full scale patriot.

If you were on that crew, and want the original video & photo's (1080p / 60) just send me a note. Glad top post them.

[YOUTUBE]U4U8fsOqDRU[/YOUTUBE]

Thank-You Sather and, Alex for the updates!:D
Tomorrow's going too be another beautiful day.... just can't get to sleep right now....Gee, I wonder why:confused:

Sath?
I hope you brought the *Little Guy* with you! (No, I'm not talking about Ben....)
I've got a bag of Bacon and, CHEESE doggy snacks for my favorite Lab-R-Doodle!

Plus some Twinkies for you and, I.....

See you in the morning!:D

Just realized I met some of you guys Saturday at thunderstruck. I received my level 3 certification around 1 pm Saturday using my gizmo XL with dual deploy. I won an EZI-65 drag race and had a blast! Can't wait for next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Rocketry Forum

Finished putting together the clips from my Saturday flight. Make sure to go full screen and select HD.

[video=youtube_share;huWPmMgqVuo]https://youtu.be/huWPmMgqVuo[/video]

Finished putting together the clips from my Saturday flight. Make sure to go full screen and select HD.

Love that aft pointing camera as it captures the sparks extending outside the perimeter of the airframe--very nice!

Alex
That slow-mo was way cool.

Alex,

I flew off that tower after you and discovered the relay box missing. I went to I find another one and was told that the sparky had set the previous one on fire. That's how ya know ya done good.

Nice flight!

S

hehe... sorry about that. I did see they were replacing the wires too.... My whole body is sore today - carrying that rocket out to the pad, then from it's landing spot was a good workout. I hope to see more great video up here, today looked like a perfect day for a launch.

hehe... sorry about that. I did see they were replacing the wires too.... My whole body is sore today - carrying that rocket out to the pad, then from it's landing spot was a good workout. I hope to see more great video up here, today looked like a perfect day for a launch.
You carried that thing yourself?!? You need some minions bro!

Did anyone get any video of the giant Outlander? The only vid I've seen is not so good, it's from a phone. Scotty's video camera died right before the flight, derp!

There should be a video of the outlander soon , great flight and it touched down on its landing gear

Thanks to all the members of Indiana Rocketry for another great launch. (Guess I'm a member too, but attend only a few launches and only did RSO duty for the night launch). Enjoyed the great weather the last two days. I second Alex's comments--sore for sure. The muddy conditions were especially challenging and led to all day workouts. For me, I had four maiden flights including a minimum diameter and two cluster airstarts. All flights were successful and "as planned" so sitting here in the hot tub enjoying a glass of wine and feeling pretty satisfied.

Some photos I snapped of a few of my flights and others.....great weather except for Friday

Jason Griffin's Jumbo Jart on an N3500 Albino
002.JPG

Carl Van Camp's Ult. Darkstar on a CIT N10,000 Vmax, or what I got of it
004.JPG

My Comp 4 on an EX L625 Sparky 1
007.JPG

Eric Cayemberg's Sconnie M794 Moon Burner
M794.jpg

More to come.....

Preston

Last edited:
Back