Tamiya TS-83 Metallic Sliver

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SecretSquirrel

Reaction score
Anyone used this paint? I'm doing a few test shots with it and it seems good under a clear coat so far. I'd be interested in hearing from anyone who has more experience with this product.

Anyone used this paint? I'm doing a few test shots with it and it seems good under a clear coat so far. I'd be interested in hearing from anyone who has more experience with this product.

Don:
Haven't used this particular Metallic Silver but have used a ton of others. Just about any manufactures metallic silver will work very well under Clear coats. It's only the Mirror finished or Polished Chrome finish paints that can not be clear coated.

As for Rattle Can Metallic or Metal flake Silver paints I've been very Pleased with Rustoleum Silver Metallic. can be overcoat clear coated with Krylon UV clears without compatibility problems. Very nice stuff.

ONLY Mirror finished rattle can Chrome Silver I've ever found that could be top coated is the very Expensive 3 can "Killer Chrome" system from Alsa Corp. at around $115.00 per 12oz system. Once the cans black basecoat, chrome and clear top coat seals are broken they harden within the can within a day or two. Works Great for the original application making a BEAUTIFUL mirror Like Chrome finish on just about anything.

Last edited:
Back