Deep purple carbon fiber kit

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is a new kit out there that doesn't seem to have any reviews on it yet
Misha-rocketry's "deep purple" seems cool for carbon fiber rocket but I was wondering if anybody has had any luck with them
https://www.misha-rocketry.com/index.php
Welcome to TRF! It's always good to see a new vendor. Birthing pains for any venture can be problematic. I'll be honest with you brother- it's a little pricey and there are no stats to go with it I could find. The web page may need to be tweeked to be a little more legible for font colour and background. Sounds like you and your Dad know what you are doing and it's a sexy rocket-no denying that at all. I see two in stock, but how many have been built and flown by others? Any test results from this design (motors/alt/speed, etc.) At this price I would almost expect to see build on order with a deposit, to be paid in full upon completion. Again- not to rain on the parade- it's really a benefit to us all who fly these and maybe I haven't been paying attention to the 'exotics' like I should. While 4" birds have a following, you'll note most hi-perf birds are min dia and this airframe screams Level 3 at me. A kitted L3 bird will get a lot of critical examination to make sure the designer did his homework, both for flight envelopes and mechanical construction techniques. Would YOU rate this as a 120g-10k airframe? Where/when did it fly? Any Rocsim/open rocket files available? It's good to have you here and we look forward to your product rollouts as you flesh out your new company. Clear skies and good chutes, Rocket Boy.

Looks cool. And new folk are always welcome 'round here. Especially with nice new things to show/offer/etc.

However, please don't spam the forum. There is no need to post three different threads about this - one will do just fine.

Now tell us about flying this thing - pics, videos, reports, data, etc.

peace, s6

Yeah... pretty skimpy site as far as info goes. I could not even find what diam. the kit was.

No specs or details at all. A fix is needed.

Just the "airframe" for the kit is $725. The E bay (which looks like it isn't included) costs and additional $250. Seems overpriced to me.

Looks to me like a 4in kit with a 54mm motor mount. That combo really doesnt need to be carbon fiber. Either take the MMT out make it FG or some other affordable material.
You guys know how much I love carbon, but it needs to be in the right application!

Alex

Hi, This is DJ (Rocket Boys Dad) from Misha Rocketry. Thank you for all of the feedback.
Apologies for the skimpy website. We got hacked about 4 months ago and I had to rebuild the whole site from scratch. Still a work in progress.
We currently have two complete kits ready to ship today and 4 more in process (~30 days) The $725 price tag (plus tax) includes the ebay section which is designed for dual deploy.

Send an email to me ([email protected] or to [email protected] I can can send you much more data and pictures on Deep Purple.
I did not post too much info on the site so it cannot be readily copied and manufactured. It took us a long time to design this rocket. While true it has not flown yet, it was designed with RockSIM and based on an over stable AAMRAM Scale design.
I will offer the first two flyers a 100% money back guarantee on the first two rockets sold if they do not fly successfully (I am highly confident in their design and quality). I am a level II flyer (When I get to Black Rock I will try for my Level three) The rocket was designed with Autocad Inventor with tight tolerances. The manufacturing and workmanship are done commercially in a professional machine shop.
Rocketry is our passion, we think you will love this rocket as much as we do.

PS...BlueMaxx is in the works. BlueMaxx is a 54mm min diameter rocket. This will take us a bit more time to complete due to the unique method for motor retention and fin mount.

Hi Alex,
This kit is not just the airframe. It comes with 3 centering rings (All 12K CF) 54mm motor mount (6K CF) Thrust section with 4 fins (all CF), 2 pc Motor retention (screw on/off) made from T6061 Black anodized aluminum (as seen in the large picture on the website). The ebay section comes 4 additional CF fins with T6061 aluminum ebay module with recovery lugs that carabiners or d-rings can attach to (4 pcs) (not shown on the web site but can be seen in Mike's posted pics). It also comes with 2 CF couplers and nose cone all done in 6K Twill CF. The rocket is 77 inches tall 4 inches in diameter and is ideal for larger payloads such as video cameras or scientific equipment used for university experimental rocketry programs.
Thanks for taking the time to check it out.
All feedback is warmly welcomed.
DJ

All I hear... is "Burn!"

...or is that "Space Truckin'?"

Sadly, out of my price range, so it appears as though this rocket and I "must remain perfect strangers."

Later!

--Coop

Any flight experience with this rocket?

I can assure you I'm not going to buy one, but just trying to direct you to ways that you may appeal to others.

Agree on many of the responses here. CF is overkill except for min-dia extreme flights. 54mm in 4" is not extreme. Granted, it is a very pretty rocket, but you could get the same look with a CF sleeve over glass or even cardboard. The kicker is NO flight information or video. Have you even flown one of these, outside of RockSIM? It just seems like a niche-market rocket, and I fail to see what that niche is. Good luck, but you might want to figure out what your market is really looking for.
-Ken

A rocket kit is only worth what people will pay for it . The other hi end kits is just on kit in the line . Bread and butter kits is what make them there money .

post some pics before you build it. I would love to see this kit.

It arrived yesterday, that is pretty impressive, I ordered it at the weekend, despatched by Fedex Express on Monday, and at my house in the UK by 12:00 Thursday.
Thanks DJ :)

Welcome to TRF! It's always good to see a new vendor. Birthing pains for any venture can be problematic. I'll be honest with you brother- it's a little pricey and there are no stats to go with it I could find. The web page may need to be tweeked to be a little more legible for font colour and background. Sounds like you and your Dad know what you are doing and it's a sexy rocket-no denying that at all. I see two in stock, but how many have been built and flown by others? Any test results from this design (motors/alt/speed, etc.) At this price I would almost expect to see build on order with a deposit, to be paid in full upon completion. Again- not to rain on the parade- it's really a benefit to us all who fly these and maybe I haven't been paying attention to the 'exotics' like I should. While 4" birds have a following, you'll note most hi-perf birds are min dia and this airframe screams Level 3 at me. A kitted L3 bird will get a lot of critical examination to make sure the designer did his homework, both for flight envelopes and mechanical construction techniques. Would YOU rate this as a 120g-10k airframe? Where/when did it fly? Any Rocsim/open rocket files available? It's good to have you here and we look forward to your product rollouts as you flesh out your new company. Clear skies and good chutes, Rocket Boy.

Nice but straightforward welcome.

Back