Rocksim - all my CTI 29mm motors are gone??

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stealth6

insert witty tagline here
Reaction score
All of my Cesaroni 29mm motors seem to be gone from my RockSim database. Huh????? I have no idea where they might have gone. And on top of that I've always got really confused when adding motors to the database in the past (it's been quite a while since I've done so too.) I am NOT a computer expert by a long shot.

So.

Anyone have a safe, EASY, way that I can get all of them back? Please walk me through the process as if I were a simple child if you can. (and maybe promise me cookies if I get it right the first time!).

Thanks for your help, s6

The latest version, the latest updates.

I actually hadn't updated in a while. Then I found all the 29mm/CTI motors to be missing.
So, I did a full update just a short while ago. Did not fix the problem - motors still missing.

s6

If you have the zip file with the motors you want.

Then open OR and click on Preference > Options > User Defined Thrust Curves (at the bottom)

Navigate to the zip file and select it.

I hope that you already have your motors back, but if not, I stumbled over something today that may help. This works differently on a MAC. I can't help you there.

Go to My Computer, C:drive, Program Files, (or Program Files(x86)), Rocksim, Data. These are the motor files. There should be one named Cesaroni.rse. If it's missing you might be able to get it replaced (download) from Apogee. If it is there, open it in a text editor (e.g.Notepad). Save the file as Cesaroni.txt. Close the Cesaroni.rse file. Open the Cesaroni.txt file. Now you can read, sorta, whats in there. If you mess up the .txt file it doesn't hurt anything.

I was looking for user-defined parts when I found this. Still haven't found them.

CTI officially pulled support for Rocsim and now is officially regarding OpenRocket as the de-facto standard of model rocket simulators. You lost your files due to a worm that selectively removed the CTI files from your version of Rocsim.

Okay, seriously, I have no idea. If you have a archive of your Rocsim program try expanding it and manually adding the files from there.

That will give you the motors. There are a couple interesting issues with the way Windows Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8 llcTe certain files.

The Rocksim database files are stored per user, and I think this might be the case for motors too. So, look in the following path: c:\users\username\appdata\Rocksim\data for your files. I think that is the path- doing it from memory as I type this on my phone.

Mark Koelsch
Sent from my iPhone using Rocketry Forum

Before you get too involved be aware that after my last update I had motor files missing too. Or so I thought.

Not sure if the update did it or I inadvertently did something but a filter got turned on in the motor files and several manufacturers were not showing up. I'm pretty sure I didn't do it because i didn't know it was even there. I removed the filter and all the motors returned. YMMV.

Back