OpenRocket needs your help locating bugs

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kruland

Reaction score
Hi all,

There are a couple of persistent bugs in OpenRocket 13.11.1 and 13.11.2 which I cannot seem to reproduce. I know they are in the wild because I'm getting bug reports on them. On all these reports I've only received one email address. (Please put an email address in the bug reports!)

These bugs are all related to the new motor selection window. I understand some people are not particularly fond of the new configuration tab, but I ask you to please keep on topic and not post complaints or other issues in this thread - though feel free to open new threads or join the developer list.

All of these bugs results in the bug dialog. Please fill out the bug - put in your TRF handle or email address, and save away your ork file which is causing this issue. If you can reproduce the bug easily, that would also be a big help. You can contact me on this thread or through pm also.

The bugs are:

java.lang.NullPointerException
at net.sf.openrocket.gui.dialogs.motor.thrustcurve.MotorInformationPanel.updateData(MotorInformationPanel.java:227)

java.lang.NullPointerException
at net.sf.openrocket.gui.main.flightconfigpanel.MotorConfigurationPanel$MotorTableCellRenderer.getTableCellRendererComponent(MotorConfigurationPanel.java:319)

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: setSelectedIndex: 0 out of bounds
at javax.swing.JComboBox.setSelectedIndex(Unknown Source)
at net.sf.openrocket.gui.dialogs.motor.thrustcurve.ThrustCurveMotorSelectionPanel.updateData(ThrustCurveMotorSelectionPanel.java:437)

Thanks for you help - the entire amateur rocketry community appreciates it.

Kevin

Hmm....never got those ones. If I use too many characters in a save file I might get a error, but no real bugs since I ditched Java 7 in favour of Java 6 on Mavericks. It's been shiny so far!

Back