URRF II - Who's flying what?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DizWolf

Reaction score
title says it all....

Not sure exactly what I'm doing... But Quick and Dirty will go on a pair of something fun, and I may fire off Emerald Dragon on a J510W.

Some rocket on some motor, most of which will be determined at a later point in due time.....

JD

title says it all....

Not sure exactly what I'm doing... But Quick and Dirty will go on a pair of something fun, and I may fire off Emerald Dragon on a J510W.

A part of which just arrived today so, things are starting to come together.
I'd do a build thread but, there isn't much do to it.

JD

Some rocket on some motor, most of which will be determined at a later point in due time.....

JD

I will be flying my new Kill Bill rocket hopefully on its 3rd flight. (first at Thunderstruck tame motor, 2nd at NYPOWER commercial motor, 3rd at URRF 75mm FastishWhite kickass motor). At URRFII it will have up to 7 events with 2 Marsa54L altimeters setting them off. Shelter the kids and tie up the dogs for this flight!!! :dark:
kill_bill.jpg

I have a CTI M1830 C-Star for my 4" Sith Happens rocket. image.jpg

I'm bringing my Ultimate Darkstar "Up in Smoke" for an L3 attempt on a CTI M1810

20131231_160500.jpg

20131231_160512.jpg

20131231_160647.jpg

Last edited:
I will be flying my new Kill Bill rocket hopefully on its 3rd flight. (first at Thunderstruck tame motor, 2nd at NYPOWER commercial motor, 3rd at URRF 75mm FastishWhite kickass motor). At URRFII it will have up to 7 events with 2 Marsa54L altimeters setting them off. Shelter the kids and tie up the dogs for this flight!!! :dark:

"Fatish white" at URRG we call that Ultra Violent! Nice Stuff!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Not sure what I am bringing yet. I have a couple of projects that haven't been started. I know I am going to fly my whatchamacallit again on a J/K, not sure yet. I have a 3" darkstar in the works and a 4" mad dog that hasn't been started yet. If I can have all three of those ready by URRF I will be in good shape.

Matt

Matt that mad dawg did you win that in last years URRF Raffle?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Rocketry Forum mobile app

Matt enjoy that Mad Dawg! It was donated to our club by the estate of a dear member of our club the late Al Sterner.

They fly really well tooo

Want to take another crack at a three stage flight. Last year the upper didn't lite. You guys can make it a lot easier for me if you got a taller step ladder- 8ft would be good, 10ft would be better. Also will fly a couple two stagers, thinking an L-to-L.

Want to take another crack at a three stage flight. Last year the upper didn't lite. You guys can make it a lot easier for me if you got a taller step ladder- 8ft would be good, 10ft would be better. Also will fly a couple two stagers, thinking an L-to-L.

Fred have NO Fear... at least 1 new launch tower will be ready and the towers will be climbable.
10 foot ladder add to the list as well.
Thanks Fred, it is our goal to make Potter THE summer destination and input is the best way to get there~

Herm, If I can get the chute and some 54mm hardware together by the end of june.... I may add the Darkstar to my list of flights.

Dave,,,,
What kind of 54 mm hardware,,,,
I'd be happy to lend you Aerotech hardware......
Whatever length you'd like........
I am hoping to make URRF..........

Teddy

I've been thinking about getting into EX snap ring stuff. For this launch I'm planning either a K550W or K805G, which I've lined up a case for. Should get me to about 9-10K

Thanks for the offer, the rocketry community never ceases to amaze me. Hope you make it to URRF, should be good times :)

Wow Dave,,,
That's too funny,,,
I just burned a K 805 G in that 54 / 2560 case......
Pushed my Altitude Seeker to 9300 Ft..........
What a coinkydink.............lol

Teddy

Wow Jeff,,,,,,
That's gorgeous,,,,,,,
A 5" Intimidator ?????????????
What size is the motor mount ???????????

Teddy

It appears I'll need to keep my camera handy this year. :)

Darkstar is going on a K or an L hell or high water

Sprite has met all it's goals, so now it might be time to give it a serious boost. I'm considering doing a 6x1750 fast burn booster (roughly a 1 second baby N10000 equivalent - yes, I meant all those 0's) quick staging to a baby O7000ish or big N5000ish depending on altitude sims, all motors EX of course. Probably 130# on the pad plus any extra weight I add to keep the altitude down. It'll break mach real quick and low. But I'm not sure I can afford to do it this year. I cooked the 114 baby O case last year a bit more than I'd trust for re-use, and I'd also need all the booster motors.

In any event I plan to fly Sprite again, with or without a booster. If I don't fly a booster, I'm undecided on the motor. An 88mm N would make recovery easier at only 12Kft AGL. Various 114s could range up to 20Kft depending on case and load.

If I don't 2-stage Sprite I may do a relatively little two stage (not min diameter) M to J or L to K to tickle the waiver.

I'd like to static a first gen test motor for Black Rock. That's probably not happening though.

URRF is approaching quckly! Lots of decisions to make.

Gerald

hopefully I will be flying my super dx3 for my jr L1 cert just have to set up motor accommodations. and I also need to get somebody who can help me out with the motor situation for the jr. cert.

Can I help Connor,,,,,,,,,
What do you need done ????????????

Teddy

According to the nar rules i need someone who is of level 1 certification to load my motor for me and set it up on the pad. I have all the hardware and can order the motor from wildman and get it there. So I need someone to load the engine and hook up the igniter if your up for it. It's not official I'm going yet but chances are about an 90%. I will let you know if I am going. Pm me if your up for it.

- Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Rocketry Forum

Last edited:
Fred have NO Fear... at least 1 new launch tower will be ready and the towers will be climbable.
10 foot ladder add to the list as well.
Thanks Fred, it is our goal to make Potter THE summer destination and input is the best way to get there~

Thanks Bill the 10 footer would be great. The three-stage is J-J-J, a complex L so I don't have to take it to the away cell. More awesome for the spectators that way .

Last edited:
Well....tax return came in. Took me all of 5 minutes to get to work on that :)

12530502685_80bec32d0f_z.jpg

Also ordered a brb900 and a 48" ultra iris. Darkstar will fly on a K805G :)

Back