URRF II - Who's flying what?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MuaHAHAHHA

Considering an I200W in a mini eagle claw, I've got a new idea for retention. Depends on if I can fit the tracker in the av-bay.
If not that maybe I'll punch the Vulcanite with a J500 to break mach/mile finally.

Of course...I did just get in all the parts to build a Super Quick and Dirty with two 38mm mounts....

Speaking of Ks. ... My wildman came in today. If the build goes well it may see a K1100T for URRF

One of my first scratch built rockets was mini version your knob I was even going to paint it the same color.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Rocketry Forum mobile app

I didn't even think anyone even knew what 'Knob' referred to anymore. That was a long time ago! ;)

Is this a knob?

Redline.jpg

How about this?

skidmarkdragrace.jpg

Ok, if your going to fly Rich then somebody better fill out a BFR form and a Featured Flight!
Knobs Revenge gets Revenge on the Knob...... I really need to take my meds!

If the build gods smile and this cold weather finally snaps, I will bring a 1/2 scale Nike Ajax. 75mm Booster to a 54mm Sustainer.

I cant wait to see you fly that Nike ajax get it done pronto. If the flight is good we will sip a little Knob Creek at the camp site that night. That's the knob I am talking about.

Want to take another crack at a three stage flight. Last year the upper didn't lite. You guys can make it a lot easier for me if you got a taller step ladder- 8ft would be good, 10ft would be better. Also will fly a couple two stagers, thinking an L-to-L.

Hi Fred,
Looking to forward to seeing you at URRF and seeing your successful three stage rocket!!!

I'm undecided but sorely tempted to try an experiment I've wanted to do for a while. The people I'm traveling with will be mostly burning fairly fast burn motors. I'm considering going the other direction, approximately a baby O1940. That'll be around a 16 second burn, with an 85 pound rocket - a long slow ride. An EX case bonded 114mm moonburner with a slow burn propellant, at Kn over 400 to maintain a normal pressure range for most of the burn. Making it work would be a good challange.

I was going to do an insane fast burn 6 motor clustered booster staging to an O but honestly I'm not sure I can afford the time or expense to do it right now.

Anyway those are the main options I'm considering.

If I don't free up some time I'll just be spectating.

Gerald

Just finished 3 rockets for URRF. They just need some sanding and some paint.

38mm motor x 3 inch-to-4 inch
54mm motor x 4 inch
75mm motor x 5.38 inch

Now it's time to build surfboards for the summer and fall.

Ok, I'm registered to go so I better come up with something too fly.

I'm bringing my 4" JART (heard there's a drag race for this :clap:), the 2-stage Shape Shifter Jr, the G3, and if I get it done in time, the 2-stage 3" Competitor. I'll probably throw the Vindicator into the mix too.

I'm really looking forward to URRF. This will be fun

The BFR manager had a bad weekend at RG16, I would fill one out if i were you :y:

That looked unfortunate. Did the apogee charges blow when it arced over and before number two and three came up to pressure?

Back