Adept-22 and 12v battery

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bill2654

Reaction score
I'm trying to set up an Adept-22 altimeter in a 1.9" nose cone and I'm having trouble fitting everything in such a small space. A regular 9v battery is too big so I was thinking about using a GP-23A 12v. I have searched every where on the forum about Adepts and 12 volt batteries and cant find out if they will work or not. I read some threads on some small rechargeable LiPos used with other altimeters but nothing about Adepts. My question is will the GP-23A 12v work and if not what will? Also I don't want a rechargeable battery.

I don't have the answer but I think you can get it by emailing [email protected]. I got a quick response a few months ago.

This doesn't answer your question but it should run on a 2 cell li-po battery. I've flown mine with a "9V" li-po which is the same size as a regular 9V but is a lot lighter and puts out around 8 volts.

Tons of lipo batteries that are smaller than 9 volt. I run mine on a 7.4 lipo that is half the size of a 9 fires everything I have tested.

TA

A GP-23A battery will run the altimeter but I doubt it will supply the amps to fire e-matches.

As Thobin states above a small 2S LiPo battery will work just fine.

Back