What paper/card models have you made so far ?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just a Couple of Cardstock Planes myself, but I plan on trying out some Rocket Cardstock soon.

FlisKits Caution (twice), Bob Harrington Mini Satellite Interceptor, and a scratch Downscale Patriot. The first Caution lawn darted on its third flight and for the new one I made what I hope is a design improvement that'll help prevent a recurrence. Patriot flew fine, once so far. Sat Interceptor and 2nd Caution await clear coat and first flight.

Ralph Currell - V2
Fliskits - Caution
Fliskits - Midnight Express - normal size and 2X upscale with a 13mm deuce motor mount.
Maxus-1b - Was on Mars Center site (Ital.) I'm not sure were it can be found now. Build thread here: https://www.rocketryforumarchive.com/showthread.php?t=17928&highlight=maxus
Erik teGroen - Delta II ACE launcher. was on Lansbergen site (Neth.) I'm not sure were it can be found now.
Erik teGroen - Soyuz was on Lansbergen site (Neth.) I'm not sure were it can be found now.
Ton Noteboom - 1/72 Soyuz launcher Build thread here: https://www.rocketryforumarchive.com/showthread.php?t=41060&highlight=soyuz
CZ-2F "long March"
Delta 7 -Mercury Redstone

Various cardstock downscales of vintage Estes and Centauri models.

Last edited:
The entire line of Birdmobile kits... including the Osprey with German Brown Trout. They're on display at the Tualatin River National Wildlife Refuge just outside of Sherwood Oregon.

Here's my crowning achievement:

And the others...

Including the European Robin (the American Robin is actually a species of Thrush):

They're exclusively available in the US from Northwest Nature Shop.

Last edited:
What I meant was that the Lansbergen site used to host all of Erik te Groen's models but stopped even though the web site hadn't gone away.

I found a reference to his models here https://www.rocketryforum.com/showthread.php?28128-Erik-te-Groen-s-new-website

Bomarc, F-104, HoJo, Saturn 1b, Saturn V and Gemini Titan Stomp Rockets.

Ton's Apollo Little Joe II, Apollo LES, Mercury and Gemini capsules, Saturn V and Skylab Saturn V.

1:96 scale Mercury Redstone.

1:31 scale T-38 Talon--NASA livery.

I have built 15, and a big list waiting to be built , you can find here my build thread for each model

Scale: 1/96
Titan II GLV
DELTA II
ENERGIA-BURAN (Under Construction)
M-3S
M-3SII
SATURN IB
CHANG ZHENG 2F (Long March 2F)

Scale: 1/48
ZENIT 2M
SPUTNIK
PEGASUS XL
VS-40
Mercury Redstone
Little Joe (Mercury)

Scale: ?
Astrosmurf Rocket
Little Joe II (Apollo)

A couple of cardstock buildings for my model railroad but nothing related to rocketry.

My high school physics class is building Fliskits Midnight Express paper rockets right now. Only one stuck engine block out of about a dozen rockets and one pair of students who think using painters' tape rather than glue to keep everything together is a good idea. I told them I would not let them launch their rocket that way but they don't want to change it. They'll find out on launch day how serious I am about rocketry safety.

I've converted a bunch (source/model/motor size):

Numerous from Art Applewhite, Delta's, Cubit's, Stealths, etc. MMX-24mm (and bigger ones that are mostly all paper)
Currel Airship R-100 MMX/13mm
Cards in Space Little Joe I 13mm
Pierre Fontaine's Fireball XL-5 MMX
Delta-7 Mercury Redstone MMX
Currel SpaceShipOne MMX
AlaskaPaperModelWorks Honest John (~2.6" BT) 24mm
AlaskaPaperModelWorks Saturn V (1:138) 24mm
Model Minutes G-200 Carrier 24mm
Model Minutes XFLR-7 24mm
gpoehlein's scale Big Bertha 18mm

Think that's all of them. Not counting the air powered ones.

Last edited:
I built two Art Applewhite saucers (Delta and Qbit) and a "Six" 13mm rocket last weekend. Elegant designs (in the engineering sense), and very enjoyable to build.

Leo's Rokot
Leo's Vostok 1
Leo's Dnepr
Scud
Tons 1/48 Soyuz
Tons 1/48 Apollo
Mecrury Redstone
Kosmos 3M
Tons 1/48 Gemini

I just recently learned about paper rockets, since I'm in my mid 30's I assume I just missed the era thus never learned about them. Anyway I just found the free fliskits template, so I build one. Along with 2 other buddies we are having a compitition to see who's paper rocket will fly & be found flyable the most. We are doing it .5points for each up & .5 points for each find, so far only one friend flew his.....he has .75 points. his half point for a up & another .25 bonus points cause he make a 2 stage....that was never found(we think it blew up lol)
Picture 4781.jpg

Between my son and I we've built:
Fliskits Nebula
4 Applewhite Cincos
1 Applewhite saucer (the one that has the tabs so it spins, it's GREAT!)

Bought a new Canon printer and have begun work on another Ton 1:96 scale Saturn V J-mission to be flight-converted with foil-lined stuffer/MMT. Hope to have this completed and flight tested in time for the Summer.

Back