2014 competitions in North Eastern US

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JJSR

Reaction score
I interested in any NAR sanction contests in the North East.
Please PM me if you are holding a contest or know of one in my area.

THANKS!!!

The only contest (off the top of my head) coming up that is currently sanctioned is being held by the Radical Rocketeers on 18 Jan in Great Meadow, NJ. I don't have the documentation with me, but I can give you more details when I get home. Seems this would be the closest thing to you. Steven Flynn hosts their contests, I can put you in contact with him if you like.

I know about that one, I'm secretary of RR
Thanks though :wink:

We might be a bit too far west for you, but MTMA (NE Ohio) is planning to host a couple regional meets this spring. We're still mulling over the events, but should have something up on the NAR site very soon.

Keep checking in on the NARHAMS website. They host the annual ECRM regional in MD. It's just not been posted yet.

-Wolf

400+/- miles could be doable if its a two day event
THANKS

Steel City Smoke Trail regional Looks to be May 31-June 1 hosted by PSC out west in Pennsylvania.
June 21-22 is the date of ECRM hosted by NARHAMS in Maryland.

kj

Steel City Smoke Trail regional Looks to be May 31-June 1 hosted by PSC out west in Pennsylvania.
June 21-22 is the date of ECRM hosted by NARHAMS in Maryland.

Excellent. I saw that PSC posted their sport launch schedule, but no regionals. We were wondering...

Akron-Cleveland Regional Meet will be April 26-27 over at MTMA's HPR field.

Ray Harmon Memorial Regional Meet will be June 14-15 at the NARAM-55 field.

-W

Thanks guys!
This makes it a lot easier to find contests, hope it helps other people in the NE

We might be a bit too far west for you, but MTMA (NE Ohio) is planning to host a couple regional meets this spring. We're still mulling over the events, but should have something up on the NAR site very soon.

Keep checking in on the NARHAMS website. They host the annual ECRM regional in MD. It's just not been posted yet.

-Wolf

Wolf
is that B cluster two motor or 5motor like NARAMS 56 is going to be? (the NAR site just says B cluster)
Team JJSR could very well come out in April, we'll have to see how my partner's school work is.

Wolf
is that B cluster two motor or 5motor like NARAMS 56 is going to be? (the NAR site just says B cluster)
Team JJSR could very well come out in April, we'll have to see how my partner's school work is.

B-CLA is always 5 motors as per the pinkbook; see ruleset 23 https://nar.org/pinkbook/. Also, it's a little late for this contest season, but for the 2015 season, Glenn Feveryear is hosting the RAMTEC regional over labor day weekend at Fort Indian Town Gap.

Rod Schafer and the Pittsburgh Space Command are hosting the Steel City Smoke Trail regional 31May-1Jun in Grove City, PA.

NAR Launch Windows has finally been updated, and three big regional meets are already posted up there:

ACRM 2014 hosted by MTMA east of Cleveland, April 26-27, 2014
B Cluster Altitude w/altimeter
B Helicopter
C Boost Glider
D Super Roc Altitude w/altimeter
Open Spot Landing
no optical tracking - altimeters only

Steel City Smoke Trail 14 hosted by PSC north of Pittsburgh, May 31 - June 1, 2014
1/8A PD
FAI A PD
B SD
B PAY - optical tracking
C BG
C HD

and the venerable ECRM meet (#41) hosted by NARHAMS in Maryland, June 21-22, 2014
A PD
A SD
A HD
A RG
Concept Scale
OSL

I'll add another MTMA regional that will be held at the NARAM-55 field, June 14-15, 2014
Set Altitude (160m) (altimeter)
A PD (MR)
B Streamer Duration
A Boost Glide (MR)
C Dual Eggloft Altitude (altimeter)

-Wolf

Back