For Today's eBay Head-in-the-Clouds, I present...

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

K'Tesh

.....OpenRocket's ..... "Chuck Norris"
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Startpoint

And their "ESTES Rare NOSE CONE PNC-60AH 6.6" Long NEW" for the deal at twice the price... $14.50 USD "Buy It Now".

ORIGINAL ESTES NOSE CONE

PNC-60AH

An NOS (New Old Stock) item

This NOSE CONE is rare and becoming hard to find

it was used by Estes on several of their models like

The Mean Machine, Super Alpha and others

NOTICE This is the longer model AH 6.6" long

So, what other eBay fortune seekers have you found?

Pointy Side Up!
Jim

You! Yes! You! You could have this wonderful brand new, still in production...

$_12.JPG

Estes Porta Pad II, and you won't pay MSRP ($21.99) for it! It'll only set you back a measly $62.88 USD! Really? Who would rather buy a Pro Series II rocket with launch set (Holiday bundle price $36.49), rather than pay nearly twice that for a LPR launch pad!

Free Shipping!!!

Last edited:
Some of these folks need a "rare" and "vintage" right boot in a certain "rare" and "vintage" place.

It really bugs me when people are selling stuff they clearly know nothing about on eBay. On another eBay note, what are people thinking when they ship you a rocket kit? One time I won an auction for a kit and the seller shipped it to me in a manilla paper envelope! Needless to say, the body tube and motor tube were creased very badly. Rocket kits need to be shipped in boxes, hello!

Ebay doesn't let you sell motors. But I can pretty much guarantee you those are full boxes he is selling. I've bought a number of items from Goodrocks1. Good seller.

Why would it be listed as "box only"?

Why would it be listed as "box only"?

So Ebay won't dump it for containing motors. Even with the five motors included what is the premium price for? If it included a Viper I'd say nice price, but it looks like the Viper is just window dressing.

So Ebay won't dump it for containing motors. Even with the five motors included what is the premium price for? If it included a Viper I'd say nice price, but it looks like the Viper is just window dressing.

I guess what I'm really wondering is who would buy it being listed as "box only"? Is there some hidden message in there to imply otherwise? If there is, I didn't catch it.

Yes, for a clear and easy to understand hidden message you must use a well known code phrase like....."MODEL AIRCRAFT PARTS"

:wink:

I guess what I'm really wondering is who would buy it being listed as "box only"? Is there some hidden message in there to imply otherwise? If there is, I didn't catch it.

Heads up FYI:
The person that was trying to sell a Saturn kit a few weeks ago is at it again.
This time with another e-bay user name:
https://www.ebay.com/sch/2014_snark...h=item3cdbf97d9c&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

JD

Yes...beware! It appears that he advertises clones of classic OOP kits but displays photographs of the actual original kits. The "Neibauer Gemini Titan" for example. Clearly, that is a photograph of the Neubauer kit! Who knows what you would actually receive. Sadly, I have seen at least two of those selling for a significant amount...

Cheers,
Michael

Yes...beware! It appears that he advertises clones of classic OOP kits but displays photographs of the actual original kits. The "Neibauer Gemini Titan" for example. Clearly, that is a photograph of the Neubauer kit! Who knows what you would actually receive. Sadly, I have seen at least two of those selling for a significant amount...

Cheers,
Michael
Someone bought one about a week ago, I'm anxiously waiting to see some feedback.

He even said he paid $100+ for one just to copy the instructions then resell it ( to himself maybe?)

JD

Cheers,
Michael

Something about those pre-build Astrocam 110's must be making 'em worth more than twice what I've seen some (fair condition) Cineroc's sell for... This guy has three of them at a buy it now price of only $201.30 (each).

Oh... I just found out (no surprises here) that the previous post's unbuilt Astrocam is STILL available for €285.00. Now that the Euro has dropped, it's a bargain at $335.94.

Last edited:
Back