LOC IV Jr. Level one Build

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well the launch date has been slid down a week to Apr. 19th at MMMSC because of the mud and upcoming rain. The only good news about that is that there should be no snow there and the mud should be mostly dried.

Doesn't look like it will be cancelled... This means that I will be flying it on the 19th. :)
I cant help but feel like I'm forgetting something. Does anyone have a list of equipment you bring to launches? Thanks in advance!

List of equipment? That's a tall order. I could inventory my range box, but.....

Generally, remember the reloads and motor cases ( showed up one time and had left the cases at home, not good)
Recovery items, chutes and dog barf
The rockets. You will bring the one you think about most, but if you have other ones that might be better to fly if conditions are unexpected, don't forget them.

If you want to get into the inventory of the range box and the tool box, that's for a different thread.

Doesn't look like it will be cancelled... This means that I will be flying it on the 19th. :)
I cant help but feel like I'm forgetting something. Does anyone have a list of equipment you bring to launches? Thanks in advance!

I always bring masking tape, sandpaper (180 grit), and some basic hand tools (needle nose, side cutters, etc.) to launches. A trash bag is a plus, and don't forget your rocket and motor :)

I'll be at this launch too, weather permitting. Keep an eye out for me, I'll have an unpainted 5.5 inch V2 and a pink and green "camo" style Wildman Junior! If you need a flight witness, or forget a few supplies, I'll happily help you out! For a simple rocket like the LOC IV, you won't need anything too fancy.

Good luck!

I always bring masking tape, sandpaper (180 grit), and some basic hand tools (needle nose, side cutters, etc.) to launches. A trash bag is a plus, and don't forget your rocket and motor :)

I'll be at this launch too, weather permitting. Keep an eye out for me, I'll have an unpainted 5.5 inch V2 and a pink and green "camo" style Wildman Junior! If you need a flight witness, or forget a few supplies, I'll happily help you out! For a simple rocket like the LOC IV, you won't need anything too fancy.

Good luck!
Thanks, I'll keep my eyes out for you. I wasn't thinking I would need anything too fancy.

List of equipment? That's a tall order. I could inventory my range box, but.....

Generally, remember the reloads and motor cases ( showed up one time and had left the cases at home, not good)
Recovery items, chutes and dog barf
The rockets. You will bring the one you think about most, but if you have other ones that might be better to fly if conditions are unexpected, don't forget them.

If you want to get into the inventory of the range box and the tool box, that's for a different thread.

Thanks! Huge Help.

The launch is tomorrow and I'm hearing a "GO". Im kinda worried because we are going to have 20mph winds but Ive simmed this. It should be fine.

Great News!!! Successful certification flight today. I ended up using the H148-8 and it ejected right at apogee. Found it about 1000ft away from the pad which isn't bad for 15 MPH winds. One problem I had was that I painted my rail lugs and they stuck. I had to mess up the paint in order to sand the paint off. Then when I was putting it back on the rail, they ripped off. Thanks to Alex Rothchild (aka ziggy3) I was able to CA it back in place. Thanks to everyone who helped me with everything! Video to come soon! SAM_1328.jpgSAM_1334.jpgSAM_1340.jpgSAM_1343.jpgSAM_1355.jpgSAM_1357.jpgSAM_1368.jpg

Hmmmm.... I thought I felt the Jr. L1 club get a bit bigger. Congrats!

Alex

Congratulations!!!!
prepare to empty your wallet...

Nate

Congrats on a great achievement! You set out to accomplish something and you worked hard to make it a reality. That will go a long way in life Cody. Great job.

Latest posts

Back