8" diamiter rocket on 4 24mm or 29mm....

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Won't get it until spring. If you pay first, that might be too late to file a claim.

Won't get it until spring. If you pay first, that might be too late to file a claim.

+1 - Seems an odd choice of items to sell when you are new to Ebay. Don't all sellers tend to start with small $ items to build some credibility first?

If it's 8.25 inches wide, but 7 feet tall, the Scale is all wrong, and it would look like a stretched out version of what it shows in the Picture.
Must be a Scam.

I love the bit about the huge crowds of people that would be willing to "donate" $1 each to see it launch.

s6

I believe this is the same guy that has been offering upscale versions of Estes and Quest kits on eBay. He had a Gemini Titian and a Mercury Redstone on there a while back. He usually uses face card art or in the case of the Redstone, it looked like Flis kit Redstone art. I messaged him why he did not put pictures of the actual parts on the listing and he said the were not ready yet:eyeroll:. Needless to say I would not bid on anything. His user name has changed a few times and I know of negative feed back on one of them.

If you look at the picture in the listing , I am certain it is an Apogee Saturn 1B.

I love the bit about the huge crowds of people that would be willing to "donate" $1 each to see it launch.

s6

Yeah! Has that ever even Happened?
Maybe if the Rocket is going to be packed full of Fireworks. Most Folks don't even know what a Model Rocket is, let alone are going to pay to see one fly and be recovered on a Parachute.

Just for grins - I used the "ask the seller a question" link... It allows 1000 character question. Here's what I asked:

1 - How much assembly is required, what is the average build time ?
2 - What additional tools, adhesives, or other supplies are required?
3 - Is this an FAA class1 rocket?
4 - Is this a High Power Rocket as defined by NFPA?
5 - What is the "ready to launch" weight?
6 - What are the recommended motors?
7 - Is motor retention included in the kit? if so please describe.
8 - Do you have a picture of the kit?
9 - Do you have a picture of the actual assembled rocket?
10 - Is any nose weight required?
11 - What is the CP location?
12 - What is the stability in calibers based on one of the recommended motors?
13 - What can you tell me about the "Scale Aerospace" company?
14 - Does this have a payload section or someplace for on-board video, GPS tracker, or other telemetry?
15 - Is this single or dual deploy, and do you recommend a timer, altimeter, or line cutter?
16 - Where's your launch video?
I'm really interested in purchasing the rocket, can you answer any of my questions?

What do you think - Did I ask too much?

Just for grins - I used the "ask the seller a question" link... It allows 1000 character question. Here's what I asked:

1 - How much assembly is required, what is the average build time ?
2 - What additional tools, adhesives, or other supplies are required?
3 - Is this an FAA class1 rocket?
4 - Is this a High Power Rocket as defined by NFPA?
5 - What is the "ready to launch" weight?
6 - What are the recommended motors?
7 - Is motor retention included in the kit? if so please describe.
8 - Do you have a picture of the kit?
9 - Do you have a picture of the actual assembled rocket?
10 - Is any nose weight required?
11 - What is the CP location?
12 - What is the stability in calibers based on one of the recommended motors?
13 - What can you tell me about the "Scale Aerospace" company?
14 - Does this have a payload section or someplace for on-board video, GPS tracker, or other telemetry?
15 - Is this single or dual deploy, and do you recommend a timer, altimeter, or line cutter?
16 - Where's your launch video?
I'm really interested in purchasing the rocket, can you answer any of my questions?

What do you think - Did I ask too much?

All good questions, but so, so MEAN :)

As I have said before, I will never order if I can not contest the order in 30 days if it is not delivered.

It's a trailer park...kinda like building a boat in the basement? But to give him credit- it might come on 117 sheets of 8.5 x 11 bond paper??

I dont know guys what IF it's one of us trying to start that company ?
there's something in the description that says to me he makes these kits:
NOTE: It may take up to 30 days to get your kit,
due to waiting for materials from suppliers, as a large quantity
purchase is being made (you probably want to wait until springtime to
launch, anyway).

Last edited:
If you research this guy you will find he has changed his name because he had a negative feedback rating. I have been selling on eBay for a long time and there is a lot wrong with the items by this seller. Personally I do not trust him. I will not buy from him. In my opinion he is not trustworthy.

This is basically what I was saying in my post, he would not get any money from me.

An 8 inch rocket on 4 29mm motors is not a problem. The original Sheri's Hot Rockets Saturn V was the same size and came with two 29mm mounts. The one in my garage has a 54 :wink:

Interesting, too, that when the introductory price is gone, it goes up to the same price as the Sheri's Hot Saturn V. Also interesting that Sheri's 1/48th Saturn and this 1/32nd are some how the same height and diameter :tongue:

Braden

Last edited:
An 8 inch rocket on 4 29mm motors is not a problem. The original Sheri's Hot Rockets Saturn V was the same size and came with two 29mm mounts. The one in my garage has a 54 :wink:

Braden

But is that 8" Rocket 7ft. Tall?
Does 8"X7' even match the Proportions of the Rocket in question????????????

In my Minds Eye it definitly does not!

But is that 8" Rocket 7ft. Tall?
Does 8"X7' even match the Proportions of the Rocket in question????????????

In my Minds Eye it definitly does not!

Yes. It is the same size. 8.25" diameter at the widest and just a hair over 7 feet. Coated with plastic molded wraps and very heavy. It flew fine on two G80s.

Braden

So, do you think the picture was lifted by the Ebay'er or ??

The ebay account shows item location as "Post Falls Idaho".

The picture of the Sat 1b is on a personal web page of a guy named Johnny Klonaris who lives or lived in San Josa CA. and flys with LUNAR.

Ok, OK - I know - that's a lot of personal info... but all of it easily obtained with a quick Google search

Bottom line... The picture on ebay WAS lifted from the web.

This guy's changed his name yet again. It was "hobbyguru", now it's "2014_snark". I shot him an email tonight asking him if he was the same fellow. I'm waiting.

Back